F1 GP Across the Hudson from Manhattan

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F1 GP Across the Hudson from Manhattan

See the WSJ report

This makes a lot more sense than the Grand Prix of the Americas (whatever) - sorry all you Texans.

R+C

Murdoch has 2 NY papers, plus Fox plus a putative share of F1, plus taking over half the BBC's coverage.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:09 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Nordschleife
This makes a lot more sense than the Grand Prix of the Americas (whatever) - sorry all you Texans.
That depends on how you look at things. If people want to see F1 cars on a street circuit where the primary goal of the weekend is to allow Bernie Ecclestone to rub elbows with Wall Street $$$, then so be it. Hold the race in the streets of NJ just outside of Manhattan. But I seem to recall a lot of people whining about Monaco and Valencia. Is this going to be any better?

Last edited by My993C2; 08-03-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:07 AM
stownsen914
Three Wheelin'

Received 270 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by My993C2
I seem to recall a lot of people whining about Monaco and Valencia. Is this going to be any better?

Selfishly I'll say yes ... only because it would be in my back yard ...
Old 08-04-2011, 07:08 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Originally Posted by My993C2
That depends on how you look at things. If people want to see F1 cars on a street circuit where the primary goal of the weekend is to allow Bernie Ecclestone to rub elbows with Wall Street $$$, then so be it.
BE doesn't have to go to Wall street to rub shoulders with anybody. Whilst Valencia is best slept through (who wants to drive cars through a cement works), I haven't heard complaints about racing in Monaco, just the people who go.

You are just being chippy, you know and the whole damn world knows that F1 in Texas will last exactly as long as the tax subsidy. F1 is of the smallest interest to all those folk who do not live on either the right coast or the wrong coast. New York City is international, it has different interests to the rest of the nation.

R+C
Old 08-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's also one of the dirtiest cities I've ever seen with some of the coldest people I've ever met. Hope the oceans rise at night while they are all asleep so they can't escape to foist their attitude on the rest of us.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:12 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 193 Posts

There is no way in hell they'll ever have a race in Weehawken. But if it does happen (which I HIGHLY doubt), I'll be watching from Trader Joe's parking lot on River Rd. And from now on I'll bitch slap anyone with MD plates that I can get a hold off
Old 08-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 47 Posts

Hurray- another street course.
I'd rather watch a great race like Spa on tv than a lame street race in person.

Quick Reply: F1 GP Across the Hudson from Manhattan