Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need wheel help...anyone heard of 'LightSpeed' wheels and where to get them rebuilt?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 09:45 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 645 Likes on 326 Posts
Default Need wheel help...anyone heard of 'LightSpeed' wheels and where to get them rebuilt?

Anybody know of a company that can rebuild a set of wheels that nobody makes anymore?
About 11 years ago, I got these wheels when we had Papa Smurf rebuilt. They are great: look good and VERY light. Supposedly the company was Taylor, or something like that. They are no longer in business from what I understand.

I got another set from a local shop, but the offsets were not right.

Another different shop found a company that would rebuild them with new wheel halves (these are 3 piece wheels). Unfortunately, I think they used too soft metal for the size because they are now slightly out of round after 2 years. Now they say they won't do them again...actually said they never did this before....

And unfortunately, at a race last year I got clipped in the front and it bent one of my good wheels.

I also have ANOTHER pair of wheels, but they again are the wrong size.

So what I need is to have one whole set of 4 rebuilt (or trued to round), and 3 fronts (or 1 front and two rears). I really like the wheels and want to keep them, but I need them fixed.

Sizes are 16x11, and 16x12. The bolt pattern is what seems to be the issue, as they ar 24 bolts, not 20 like BBS.

Any ideas?
Attached Images   

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 07-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may want to ask Ryan ant Jonbloed wheels:

ryan@jongbloedracing.com

c.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:23 AM
altonj
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Try Triangle or American Rim Supply if you don't have any luck with Ryan. If you know the center bore diameter and the bolt circle any wheel shell manufacturer will be able to make them....

Cheers
Old 07-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 137 Likes on 94 Posts

I would check in with rich Bogart at Bogart Racing Wheels: http://www.bogartracingwheels.net/ They have a design that kind of looks like that.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:59 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 645 Likes on 326 Posts

Spoke to Ryan Jongbloed, he said he can do them. Came recommended by a few of you, and even the guys at Forgeline.
They should hopefully ship out to him next week.

thanks!

Quick Reply: Need wheel help...anyone heard of 'LightSpeed' wheels and where to get them rebuilt?