Sponsored by:

Gingerman

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 01:06 AM
rabjohns
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Gingerman

Is anybody there? Does anybody have a link to the results?

Cheers

David
Old 07-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Plyman438
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rabjohns
Is anybody there? Does anybody have a link to the results?

Cheers

David
I was there Saturday and David Baum driving his beautiful orange and yellow 03number GT3 cup car dominated qualifying in yellow group with a best lap time of 1:36.359 and average speed of 79.951mph. In the Enduro race, he was lapping cars within 3 laps. Passing on curves and of course straights. There was 13 second difference between him and slowest race car in his group. Second fastest car ('70 911 wide body) driven by Claudio Kaempf was about a second slower in lap times.

In pink group, the fastest race car was a '75 914 with best lap time of 1:46.883 driven by Mike Corrao.

Barring mechanical failure, I didn't see anyone giving David Baum much of a scare in his super quick GT3 997 cup car today. Maybe Kaempf in his quick 911 wide body, or Mark White in his Accumoto Motorsport prepared '74 911, but it would take unforeseen problems for Baum to lose any race. Baum is that fast out there on Gingerman course. The other group without Baum probably was more of a tossup as pink group lap times were tighter with less then .3 seconds separating Corrao from Kurt Konrath in his '87 911 or Dave Mansfield in his '93 911 C2.

Between the two groups, there were 38 total club racers....14 in yellow group and 24 in pink group. That is my Saturday report from Zone 4 club race. The racing was fun to watch with only one spin out and no damage done. Gingerman is a pretty safe track with ample run offs.

--------------------------------------------------------
2001 Orient Red Metallic Boxster

Quick Reply: Gingerman