SOLD - Enclosed Trailex Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 05:29 PM
seanmcr6
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mahler9th
My 911 fits snugly...
How do you get in/out of the car? Or are you pushing it in?
Old 11-17-2011, 06:58 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by seanmcr6
How do you get in/out of the car? Or are you pushing it in?
drive in and open the car door and climb out. Big huge double side doors on trailer for that.

trailer is at least 80" wide inside. I have 2010 GT3 fits with plenty of room to spare. Also my 930 fits with its wide fenders as well.

PM or email if you have questions as I rarely check this add thread.

Thanks
Clarke
BadDogRacing@gmail.com

Last edited by GT3DE; 11-19-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 137 Likes on 94 Posts

When I first got mine I drove in. But my car has a racing clutch, so I decided to install a winch. Works great. These are excellent trailers, and I am sure that the original poster, Clarke, has enjoyed his. The things are extremely light and aerodynamic, and Trailex has treated me very well. And they sponsor PCA Club Racing.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:41 PM
s2000ap1
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am the poor sole that purchased the trailer from Clarke, he stuck it to me good, blown tire after less than 200 miles, int lights don't work, trailer leaks like a siv and he screw me out of $100. Nice way to represent Porsche owners Clarke. Let all buyers beware !.

Last edited by s2000ap1; 12-14-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:08 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

I am sorry you are unhappy with the used trailer you purchased. I was very happy with this trailer. I bought it one year ago off of this forum from another Porsche PCA racer.

I am sorry that the tire blew. I have had lots of trailers and each and everyone of them blew tires. I bought another larger trailer to replace this one and blew a tire on our first trip last summer coming back from WG.

I never did use the trailer in the rain so I could not know if it leaked. I believe the day you came to buy it that it was raining and that there was some water on the floor inside which you saw and pointed out to me. You asked how old the tires were (which had lots of tread) and I said that I had no idea how old they were. The interior lights? I mentioned to you that I didn't even know it had interior lights until I posted the pictures here on Rennlist. I did not make any claims regarding the lights working. Did you not think to try turning them on? As for screwing you out of $100???? WTH? You handed me an envelope with supposedly $10k in it and I said I trusted you and I did not bother to count it. How did I screw you out of $100?

I have never ever been accused of "screwing" anyone over. I have blindly and faithfully purchased "as-is" items from other Rennlisters and got what I got. AS-IS USED items. I made no claims for this trailer. I hid nothing, I answered all questions truthfully. You inspected it for more than 30 minutes and said that you wished to purchase it. What more could I have done?
Old 12-15-2011, 12:14 AM
danielyonker
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

s2000ap1 - maybe you should consider golf?
Old 12-15-2011, 01:21 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

ah.... have u ever bought used items?
you see, you buy, end of story.
it if blows up, YOU made a bad purchase. has nothing to do with seller.
YOU the buyer should chk it out BEFORE you buy it.
now if clarke had a gun to your head, then, yes, he screwed you.
but i dont think you made the purchase at gun point. so you screwed yourself.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:01 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 176 Posts

Sad to read this thread. No knowledge of buyer or seller. Similar new goes for $17k.

I guess, if not happy with it, flip it (sell it) with full disclosure of the condition as you now know it and I would not be surprised if you recoup your investment, especially if you wait till Spring. $10K for an enclosed Aluminum was a bargain. Then apply the $10K to a new $17K+ one with a full warranty and brand new tires.

This was a great price on a used enclosed Aluminum trailer the other similar models for going well over $10k used. I for one while following this thread thought you got a great price on an enclosed trailer. I was envious of the buys good fortune, and thought once in a life time opportunity. So far what you describe as "wrong with it" seems fixable and then you still have a bargain.

Hope it works out for all in the end for both parties.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:24 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trailer tires never seem to use up the tread. They rot and blow before "looking old" If one blows you should replace ALL 4. Way better to just fork out for a new known age set of tires than changing them one at a time on the side of Int 95 while being brushed back by the truckers. let the air out of each one and see if the sidwalls show cracks when distorted. If so replace. IIRC most or all tires have a build date.

Trailer lights are basic simple setups for the most part. Most times when all the lights do not work it is is the shore or truck conections.

Leaks can be found by going inside with a light in hand and having someone else spray rain on the suspected area with a hose. A $3 tube of 100% silicone caulk works wonders.

Take some time and a couple of bucks to clean up and fix up your new to you trailer. Make it yours. Be happy with it.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:28 AM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 148 Posts

I can't speak about GT3DE, but all trailer tires blow out regularly, all trailer lights get snafu'd until you fix them, and all older trailex trailers get leaks that can be found and sealed easily.
BTW, the bearings need maintenance, the brake parts wear out regularly, the brake electrics get eaten by rodents, smart drivers carry two spares, and after a decade or two, trailex leaf springs need refreshing.
From the photo's, this was a smokin' deal on a really clean looking older trailex.

Hey, I bought an open trailer from a stranger. The lights/brakes crapped out before I got home, and I got stuck at a friend's house overnight. I fixed them, & called the prior owner for a laugh because he innocently messed up all the electrics by installing the wrong bulb and socket. And we got on with towing.
The $100....?
Old 12-16-2011, 10:14 AM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Good One

Originally Posted by danielyonker
s2000ap1 - maybe you should consider golf?
I like that!
Old 09-21-2012, 02:58 PM
s2000ap1
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Update on the wonderful trailer from Clarke.
So on my way home from VIR I pulled into a parking lot of a shopping center and I no sooner get slowed down to 10 mph and I heard a scraping from the trailer. I pulled over and noticed that the wheels were tilted inward and as I looked closed I noticed that the axle had broken in half, right in the middle. I was forced to call a dealer to come and work on the trailer. We pulled the car out and pull the axle off. Once I got home I took the trailer to the weld shop and they noticed that the axle had been repaired, a small sleeve had been inserted into the middle of the axle and then welded back together and ground down and painted.
I should have noticed that the brake wires had been run outside the axle and also the u-bolts were brand new along with the tire scrape marks in the wheel wells. I also called Trailex to make sure they had never manufactured a trailer with a two piece axle.
Looks like Clark pieced this broken axle back together right before he sold the trailer to me. I am very very thankful this did not happen moments before on the highway at 70 mph I would have lost the trailer, the truck , possible myself and my family could have been injured or killed.

Who in their right mind does this sort of thing and sleeps good at night. Not much more to say about that, real nice job Clark - you sure fooled me.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000ap1
Update on the wonderful trailer from Clarke.
So on my way home from VIR I pulled into a parking lot of a shopping center and I no sooner get slowed down to 10 mph and I heard a scraping from the trailer. I pulled over and noticed that the wheels were tilted inward and as I looked closed I noticed that the axle had broken in half, right in the middle. I was forced to call a dealer to come and work on the trailer. We pulled the car out and pull the axle off. Once I got home I took the trailer to the weld shop and they noticed that the axle had been repaired, a small sleeve had been inserted into the middle of the axle and then welded back together and ground down and painted.
I should have noticed that the brake wires had been run outside the axle and also the u-bolts were brand new along with the tire scrape marks in the wheel wells. I also called Trailex to make sure they had never manufactured a trailer with a two piece axle.
Looks like Clark pieced this broken axle back together right before he sold the trailer to me. I am very very thankful this did not happen moments before on the highway at 70 mph I would have lost the trailer, the truck , possible myself and my family could have been injured or killed.

Who in their right mind does this sort of thing and sleeps good at night. Not much more to say about that, real nice job Clark - you sure fooled me.
Holy crap!!
Old 09-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 176 Posts

Old 09-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Glad you got it fixed! Think you will enjoy the trailer now that you've got it sorted.

Quick Reply: SOLD - Enclosed Trailex Trailer