Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

towing two 911s

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 05:33 PM
spare tire
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have taken two 996 GT#3s in my 46' gooseneck. A 996 or 997 car is 14'-5" long. You do not want the cars touching and rubbing the front door back door or each other as you drive down the road. You need at least a foot between cars so you can lay down and rachet strap between the two cars. You will need at least a foot or more in the front for the same reason. That is 28'-10" for cars, + 2'-0" for extra and 6 inches clear to close the rear ramp door = 31'-4" and you will have to buy a 32' floor plus the 8'-0" storage gooseneck. It is called a 40'-0" trailer and you will NOT have any room for cabinets or tools. If you screw up and just buy a 40'-0" trailer you will kick your self every time you go to the track with two cars and do not have any room for all the other stuff that you will need. A 48'-0" gooseneck pulls just as easily as a 40'-0" and the weight difference is minimal. I can jackknife and make a u-turn in 49' if I had to and that cannot be done with a 24' bumper hitch trailer.

Quick Reply: towing two 911s