Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 07:37 PM
KRA993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by magnetic1
Fixed for you.

I understand some air cooled P-cars have mechanical issues in the heat, but I dont think it is the majority here.

NASA events are well subscribed in the blistering heat. Like Josh said, you gotta prepare for it. It's racing, just another factor in it.

PCA isnt the only venue short on entries. It's the same in BMWCCA.
Agreed, at the NASA Road Atlanta event next weekend there are so many entries they are adding or arranging a different race group. If you want to race you race in all conditions.

Wasn't there a winter thread about what great shape everyone was getting in for the race season.

Last edited by KRA993tt; 06-12-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:31 AM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Steward B.
I am curious why you wouldn't sign up for the enduro if you are going to be there racing anyway?

We are seeing about one third less registrations for enduros as opposed to sprints.

My personal take is if I am going to be at the track why not sign up for everything?
It’s a combination of the heat for me and the car for 90 minutes, no enduro support for the pit stop (I could probably find help though) and that I need to get back home for work as soon as possible. Work is the reason I might not make the race at all.

This is my second race weekend and I did the enduro at Summit and enjoyed it and will do another one at some point....but I do feel that enduros are harder on the car, esp in the heat.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Registrations for PCA CR's are overall up since mid August last year compared with the previous couple of years. It would appear that the fear over possible overbearing heat at VIR plus the number of events close together geographically and by schedule is resulting in low attendance at VIR. A tough deal for the zone as it is a very expensive track to rent.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:51 AM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Registrar Email

Based on the nice forecast for this week, and hoepfully next, Phil Grandfield, CR Registar, sent this email to all past Racers:

Racers,
Second Please ignore this note if you have already registered for the 2011 Rumble at the Oak Tree at VIR on 24-26 June.

Registrations for the 2011 VIR Club Race are down significantly from the past two years. On-line discussions indicate a major concern is the heat at VIR at the end of June. Though the long range Weather.com forecast doesn't cover the race weekend yet, the weather for the weekend before the CR is for sunny and 90 degrees. The average high for 24-26 June is 88 with the record of 102 - probably last year.

It will likely be warm but I don't expect another record breaker. Not too late to sign up and hope to see you at VIR!
Phil Grandfield
Zone 2 Club Race Registrar

We also have great sponsorship and nice giveaways for Racers and DE drivers. While it is likely too late to draw much more particpation, a lot of volunteers have worked hard to bring a good event to VIR this year. Thanks to all those drivers who have registered!

Quick Reply: PCA CR at VIR - Why not a larger field?