Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Latest in the NJMP saga (for those interested)............

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 02:13 PM
kush07
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phokaioglaukos
As far as I can see, membership provides the right to pay a $2,400 annual fee to attend all spectator events with preferred parking and pay a $165 fee for four 25-minute track sessions with other members and guests. There are about 30 member days each year and a coupld of them offer the advanced driver more track time. The restaurant and guest suites are available to non-members (although there are slight member discounts for the suites on member days).

I'm not sure membership can be justified on any economic basis. What am I missing?

As noted, there is not much at NJMP for a non-driver. The staff is trying, with member wine dinners and other events throughout the year, but....
I attended an advanced day last year which turned into an open track day. It was a great day. Didn't realize that all those member days are your typical 4 session DE type days. That (combined with dues AND an initial chunk) makes me think maybe you're right. Might not be a great deal after all. It's not like it's hard to find a group to run with to get on either track.

Quick Reply: Latest in the NJMP saga (for those interested)............