Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Pros/Coaches at Sebring 6/25,6/26?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011 | 08:50 PM
matt325
6th Gear

Default Any Pros/Coaches at Sebring 6/25,6/26?

Any pros/coaches going to be at the NASA event at Sebring on June 25/26?

I am still, guessing, about 5-6 seconds off the pace. I am looking for some light coaching to get up to the next plateau.

Maybe a reference setting lap with the Traqmate, and a ride along as a driver and a pax so I can have a priority list of things/corners to go work on my own.

My car is a E36 BMW 325is prepped fully to the Spec3 rule set.

PM for more info.

Thanks.
Old 06-07-2011 | 01:03 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Should check with Chris Hall, Seth Thomas, Grant Maiman, Dion von Moltke, Jim Pace or Phil Lombardi.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 06-07-2011 | 09:17 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Matt, I will ask around. I am not contracted to be there that weekend myself.
Old 06-09-2011 | 11:49 AM
dew-e
Advanced

Hey Matt. I sent you a PM also, but I will be at that event instructing and will gladly hop into a car with someone to help find some time. There are several NASA national champs that will be at this event, and most of them will also hop into a car with someone to give some general advice.

Now, I understand that that is nothing like having a dedicated coach available for an entire day or weekend, but if you can't find a coach, get the help that you can. If you are 5 seconds off of the pace, us non-pro guys can definitely help shave off some of that time.

You may also want to check with Dave Russell over at Automatic Racing in Orlando. Great driver, coach, and person. His prices for coaching are comparable to all of the other pro drivers/coaches and he is close to sebring so that will save you some transportation costs if he is available. You might find that most pro coaches are unavailable because the racing season is under full swing and there is a grand am race that weekend.
Old 06-09-2011 | 12:29 PM
matt325
6th Gear

dew-e,
Thanks! I'll definitely take you up on your offer! See you in a couple of weeks. I'll PM some contact info so we can find each other at the track.

Quick Reply: Any Pros/Coaches at Sebring 6/25,6/26?