Sponsored by:

NJ Motor Sports Park Offered for Sale in Bankruptcy

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jerseybean
Would this track be better off with 1/2 of it being a private club track like Monticello, cost of running two tracks must be expensive.
I don't think Monticello's business model is holding up too well.... last I heard, they have something like 1/2 the membership required to break even.

Originally Posted by Potomac-Greg
Follow the Summit Point business model. Get the US Government to subsidize the tracks by winning big fat government contracts to provide security training.

It is NJ so maybe offer performance driving classes to organized crime families using fleets of Cadillac limos and Lincoln Town Cars? You could even have dedicated facilities like the Genovese Family Garage; or offer "don't ask, don't tell" access to soft marshy areas.

(PS: I'm NY Italian so I have unrestricted license to dish out mob abuse.)
Hey - I was born & raised in New Joisey, and have lived here all my life. And I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that the mafia DOES NOT EXIST. (If they did, they are the nicest bunch of people I ever met...)

If ya know what I mean...
-Z
Old 06-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Zoltan. Monticello is alive and membership strong and increasing. Why would you bring this up again in a thread on NJMS?

Quick Reply: NJ Motor Sports Park Offered for Sale in Bankruptcy