Sponsored by:

RaceRender and TrackVision....

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 07:03 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 888 Likes on 435 Posts
Default RaceRender and TrackVision....

Can someone that knows explain how these two products relate? Do they do the same thing? Or is there overlap but both do things the other doesn't?

Thanks,

Scott
Old 04-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't help as I only use Trackvision (which I really like and find very, very easy to use).

What are you trying to do?

Trackvision will take the data from you data system and the video and put the dat onto the video in a movie.
This clip took 20 seconds to export from i2Pro and 1 minute to set up in TrackVision before hitting the button to render the movie (and that length of time depends on the HP of your computer). The lack of audio is due to the ChaseCam, not TrackVision. You have many dashboard options in TrackVision, I chose a simple one for this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXAf_DhtHNA
Old 04-28-2011, 11:18 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Trackvision works great with some Data systems, is a total PITA with others (not Trackvisions fault, a lack of cooperation from the data vendors)..

If you have AIM, don't waste your time... just MHO of course.

Originally Posted by Tom W
I can't help as I only use Trackvision (which I really like and find very, very easy to use).

What are you trying to do?

Trackvision will take the data from you data system and the video and put the dat onto the video in a movie.
This clip took 20 seconds to export from i2Pro and 1 minute to set up in TrackVision before hitting the button to render the movie (and that length of time depends on the HP of your computer). The lack of audio is due to the ChaseCam, not TrackVision. You have many dashboard options in TrackVision, I chose a simple one for this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXAf_DhtHNA
Old 04-29-2011, 09:44 AM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Trackvision works great with some Data systems, is a total PITA with others (not Trackvisions fault, a lack of cooperation from the data vendors)..

If you have AIM, don't waste your time... just MHO of course.
They just announced an update and mentioned AIM:
TrackVision

I just started tinkering with RaceRender. I have not done any data overlay but the video editing is very simple to use. I have used things like Premiere Elements and IMO those products have too many bells and whistles that we just don't care about for racing videos. RaceRender makes that part really simple.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Weston
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by winders
Can someone that knows explain how these two products relate? Do they do the same thing? Or is there overlap but both do things the other doesn't?

Thanks,

Scott
There is some overlap (ie datalogger overlays), but they both do things that the other doesn't, so what's right for you will depend on what your needs are.

RaceRender 2's three big draws are its price, the ability to use multiple videos (picture-in-picture, split-screen, camera-switching), and customizable datalogger overlays. Simply put, RaceRender covers a variety of uses, where other products specialize in a specific use (such as data visualization) and can take that even further.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:47 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

customizable datalogger overlays.
Just to get the facts straight, TrackVision has had customizable data overlays since our first version in 2003. There are countless users who have customized the over 40 dashboards that ship with the product, or have created their own overlays using our Hackers Guide which is now in its fourth edition.

Last edited by APKhaos; 04-30-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Quick Reply: RaceRender and TrackVision....