Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 924 Likes on 563 Posts
Default Question for the Long Torso People

I just picked up a G Force driving suit in 2XL. It fits ok everywhere except the torso is a couple of inches short. If I go with the 3XL, I think I'm going to be swimming in it and the neck is going to be huge (the 2XL neck is on the large side).

Anyone else have similar problems? What suits are people liking? I'm 6', 30" inseam, 40" waist.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

I have found that the more expensive suits tend to fit better (even within the same brand). I have a longer torso too (6'2" 32 inseam) and I fit well in a Sparco and Oakley size 62. I used to have a cheaper Sparco 2-layer suit and it was a lot looser fitting and tended to bunch up on the chest than my 3-layer Sparco does. I had a GForce karting suit that didn't fit at all and wasn't even close to what their chart recommended..
Old 04-06-2011, 02:13 PM
jaje
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 6'4" and had a g-force suit that fit me...to get the length it wound up being so big around the middle I couldn't use the velcro and had to tie the belts together to make me look like I wasn't an additional 40 lbs overweight. I also found out how heavy and hot that suit was. I pony'd up and went to an at the track vendor and tried on a new suit and bought a Sparco Tech Light and will never go back to the g force snowmobile suit I had (I did have the cheaper kind so not sure about g-force having a better, lighter suit).
Old 04-07-2011, 02:10 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Matt, same size as you here, but I have huge shoulders and neck - the Sparco stuff is a real crotch crusher...

Quick Reply: Question for the Long Torso People