Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie Licensing Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 07:22 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Or investigate a pro school that will get you up and running, and graduate you with an SCCA novice permit.

I was one of those "inexperienced" guys who hit the SCCA school with exactly one prior track day when I was 21. But looking back almost 30 years later, know what was as beneficial as actual seat time? The three prior years I spent at the track crewing/flagging/timing-and-scoring/teching and observing--both amateur and pro......basically doing everything you could to hang around that didn't cost money. I'm absolutely floored at the lack of instruction given to the new people on how to behave/what to expect off the track, but at the event.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:30 AM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm thinking - as its been 25 years since I've been involved in this mess...

The proper path for me seems to be a slow maturity through as much DE as I can get (through both PCA and NASA), perhaps a school (Alabama would be nice for a Christmas present!) - and then a decision about a car.

My current '93 RSA is being modded out of any sensible class that I can find (I think - ?) and the wise thing to do would be to drive it through DEs and then decide where I fit best.

If I list out the changes to the current car, would wise folks here perhaps suggest where we could fit (say in a few years) - either as is, or with further building?

Quick Reply: Newbie Licensing Questions