Sponsored by:

Trackmate data

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 08:49 AM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

In that case (based on what you're saying about your braking problems), I'd be very interested in seeing a comparison over various laps of the braking performance - speed and decel - particularly for 10A. Specifically, I'd be looking for the decel profile over the course of the stop, and how that varies over the course of a long session.

In some spots, it looks like it takes them a few moments to come up to full bite, and they also seem to taper off after a peak. Unless this is you doing this with the pedal, I'd definitely be concerned about pad variability.

In particular, if you're having a problem with lack of initial bite at the end of straights (but not so much elsewhere), I'd be wondering if your brakes might be overcooled as well (for the compound you're using)?

It does seem like you're making decent decel, FWIW...
Old 03-28-2011, 08:51 AM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

One additional comment, for those who're looking to post their data here... I can't speak for the others, but the most important trace data to be looking at here is speed (vs. distance), with lat and long G following up.

So when you set up your screen to do a screen capture - please make that window as large as possible, relative to the others - in particular, more vertical size, to see the bumps and squiggles more clearly.

When the traces are flattened out, a lot of detail is lost in the resolution...
Old 03-28-2011, 10:15 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 924RACR
In that case (based on what you're saying about your braking problems), I'd be very interested in seeing a comparison over various laps of the braking performance - speed and decel - particularly for 10A. Specifically, I'd be looking for the decel profile over the course of the stop, and how that varies over the course of a long session.

In some spots, it looks like it takes them a few moments to come up to full bite, and they also seem to taper off after a peak. Unless this is you doing this with the pedal, I'd definitely be concerned about pad variability.

In particular, if you're having a problem with lack of initial bite at the end of straights (but not so much elsewhere), I'd be wondering if your brakes might be overcooled as well (for the compound you're using)?

It does seem like you're making decent decel, FWIW...
That's a good observation as I can't recall having that issue in any other turns than 1 and 10, including turn 6 which is entered at about 130 but only a short time after turn 5 which is a quick hard dab of the brakes.

The Yellows were a gift to me and I'm using them since they last so long and are so rotor friendly, but I really can't stand them.

I'll put some of my other laps up later with the bigger speed vs distance.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,540 Likes on 813 Posts

Here are a couple.

First one is MSR 1.7 mile course clockwise, my 1997 M3, approximately 220 rwhp, 3090 pounds with driver and 1/2 tank. DE traffic & passing rules. With passenger.

Second one is same car, same track, but the 3.1 mile counter clockwise configuration. DE traffic & passing rules. Also with passenger.

Third one is in a client's Spec 996, spec weight (not sure the exact number), 3.4 liter street motor, on the 2.9 mile TWS counter clockwise configuration. Also with passenger (the car's owner), DE passing rules & traffic (including a major balk in three corners and some pretty significant understeer).

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 06-09-2011 at 09:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Trackmate data