Sponsored by:

New Hampshire, 4/8-10 - Who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 08:20 PM
JohnPG
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave,

Your offer of a beer got me thinking. So I'm in. Didn't get the seat time I wanted at VIR. I need seat time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See ya there! John
Old 03-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnPG
Dave,

Your offer of a beer got me thinking. So I'm in. Didn't get the seat time I wanted at VIR. I need seat time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See ya there! John
That offer is no longer valid. Sorry bro. Well,....OK, I'll buy you some beers. How can I be a hard *** with Hello Kitty on my car?

As for NHMS, yes it's not a track you're going to drive 500 miles to drive (for most people). Its 1.6 miles and 11-12 turns (depending who counts) are very challenging to do right. And with all the bumps no two laps are quite the same which makes it even more fun.

I would sure love to see that new road course which management has talked about for years but I'm not holding my breath. For many of us NHMS is a 1-2 hour drive from home and we like that!

And let's be real here, this is DE: about half the enjoyment for me and Irene is hanging out with our track friends and NHMS draws in most of them!!!!!!! (Not you John)
Old 03-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

This guy will be there, but I don't know if the Wacing Wabbit will be. I might just be instructing as I haven't even dug the car out of the garage in Kennebunk yet. Looking forward to seeing all my peps!

NHMS isn't that great, but it is better then work or not driving! I have grown to like it over the years.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:21 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 934 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Matt, I will be tracking the Cayman at LRP the week before.........while you are working........

You guys, enjoy NHIS.......
Bad assumption that I actually do work. I may be employed, but work is another matter.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Matt is good at hardly working, not working hard!
Old 03-23-2011, 09:20 AM
Brian A.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rumor has it that due to the low number of participants that Fridays (4/8/11) advanced event (white, black & red only) MAY turn into an open track event.

If we have a surge in registrations it will be run like cups & saucers. Two run groups with lots of track time. Great chance to test out all those changes made over the winter.

btw...the average temperature for Loudon NH on April 8th is 54*. Turbos will love that.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:17 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian A.
Rumor has it that due to the low number of participants that Fridays (4/8/11) advanced event (white, black & red only) MAY turn into an open track event.

If we have a surge in registrations it will be run like cups & saucers. Two run groups with lots of track time. Great chance to test out all those changes made over the winter.

When is the rumor getting "officialized" Brian?
I might take a trip up and ride around in the Cayman.......
Old 03-24-2011, 09:43 PM
Brian A.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
When is the rumor getting "officialized" Brian?
I might take a trip up and ride around in the Cayman.......
We won't know for certain until the day before. However, even if we run two run groups you'll get plenty of track time. Gas up the Cayman and come play with us. We haven't seen you at NHMS in ages.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:34 AM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

We won't know for certain until the day before. However, even if we run two run groups you'll get plenty of track time. Gas up the Cayman and come play with us. We haven't seen you at NHMS in ages.
Well, since the racecar is out of commission till the WGI race (and I have not been to NHMS in a while), my garage queen is the only option for the event.......which means I'll probably be slower than usual........
Old 03-30-2011, 09:21 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

The forecast is calling for 3-5 inches of snow in Loudon over the next 36 hours.
Maybe I should get a tech form for the Cayenne instead.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Brian A.
Rennlist Member

The snow is for this Friday. The track day is next Friday and the forecast for that day is Mostly Sunny and 49*. Beautiful track day for a turbo.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Come on up, I am probably running the STOCK 911 with mis-matched street tires on it. A day driving is better then a day of work.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Brian A.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jay Gratton
Come on up, I am probably running the STOCK 911 with mis-matched street tires on it. A day driving is better then a day of work.
When did you get a 911? It's tough keeping track of these Grattons.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jay Gratton
I don't think it matters if they're mis-matched. Just make sure they're all-season.
Looking forward to seeing you Jay.
When did you get a 911? It's tough keeping track of these Grattons.
Brian, since you live about 20 mins from NHMS, I think you should volunteer to go shovel off the track. I would pile some up near T3 as it would be better to hit a snow bank than the tire wall.

I'm heading to Conway Autoworks this afternoon to pick up the Pawxster with its new door and fresh paint! Looking forward to seeing everyone and giving the car some exercise!
Old 04-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Brian A.
Rennlist Member

I've ordered rain for the start of the week so the track will be washed clean for Friday.

Quick Reply: New Hampshire, 4/8-10 - Who's going?