Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LRP Club race......

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 12:27 AM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for posting all the pictures and vids, interested to see all and more and sorry not to be there, especially sorry to learn that the 944 camp lost our front running car
Old 05-02-2011, 10:12 AM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt
Doug, sweet driving. always fun mixing it up with the red dragon.
The #109 987 Boxster, 3.2l, also took advantage of the cool overcast weather and laid down a G class record at 58.6, which was a good 1/2 a second faster than my prevoius best in that car.Cool, overcast, minimal humidity . i was there tuesday for the test and tune in 85 muggy conditions and the car was straining to get near 1:00.

Great job to all.

click on image
steve, that was a lot of fun. glad to see a new class record set by you for G class!
Old 05-02-2011, 10:56 AM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by cgomez
Awesome weekend. Better conditions than last year so that probably help with the lap times.
My best lap of the weekend in Qualifying: 57.5

http://vimeo.com/23100807
Very nice lap, especially considering that you only had 1 chance at it!!! Good pressure play!
Old 05-02-2011, 12:09 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Fred, PM me your email address if you like, I have some decent shots of your car.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:37 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FredC
Very nice lap, especially considering that you only had 1 chance at it!!! Good pressure play!
thanks! Yeah, doing it with only one chance made it feel very F1ish!

But man, your lap was insane. that understeering tire "chirrup.." on the downhill is freakishly scary thats as fast as that little white thing of yours will go through that corner.
You should stop throwing $ at vintage equipment and come in play with "up to date" platform and it should be exciting!
Old 05-02-2011, 12:50 PM
bauerjab
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

thanks! Yeah, doing it with only one chance made it feel very F1ish! :
I was the cause of the truncated session. (you can see me in your video parked in the swamp)

A car passed me on the outside of turn 3 and then chop blocked me near the apex, leaving me no choice but to lift, resulting in a spin into the mud.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

Received 296 Likes on 150 Posts

Well almost a great weekend.

Steve G, Doug D. and Dan R. great racing with you guys. Not only are your cars awesome but you guys are tremendous drivers and a pleasure to race with. Thanks
Old 05-02-2011, 03:14 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by analogmike
We had excellent weather and a GREAT CROWD! The B Paddock was filled, people had to park up top! Great idea for CVR to publicize the race and get club members out to watch. It's a lot more fun when there are people there.
CVR did indeed a great job publicizing the event. Also in previous years the club race has always been held on the same date as the Hershey Swap Meet. This year it was a week later and I think that also helped. Perhaps if CVR and CPA PCA got together and put the dates on separate weekends in the future the result will be a win-win for everybody.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:42 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve113

Steve G, Doug D. and Dan R. great racing with you guys. Not only are your cars awesome but you guys are tremendous drivers and a pleasure to race with. Thanks
SK, great job in Sprint 1 getting the win. your drove the nuts off that car and made it work even when the track went away. You played the traffic just perfect once you got on my bumper, and made a great move with 3 turns to go! I thought i had it locked up but you had the move of the race in traffic to get the win. nothing i could have done, that would have been respected, other than to give you the spot. I thought id have one good run at you off the downhill, but your car has some gravity thing going on<G> and away you went to the line. well done.

hope your charriot gets sorted out in quick time.

hope to see you back out there shortly.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:08 PM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

steve,
sorry we never got a chance to meet. i had a ton of fun this weekend and hopefully we'll get a chance to go at it again sometime soon!

doug
Old 05-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 139 Posts

59.2! Wow! Nice job Fred! I was thinking of you guys while looking at my broken car sitting on the trailer.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:56 PM
DanR
Drifting

sorry it ended the way it did for you, your qual lap was fantastic as was your race win. Hope to see her back out there soon!
Old 05-02-2011, 06:32 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

You should stop throwing $ at vintage equipment and come in play with "up to date" platform and it should be exciting!
I got to tell you, the old car is more fun than ever. Great trainer too.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:33 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by FredC
Indeed. I am glad things went the way they did this W.E. Car is actually better now than it was before the Atlanta incident.

Dan Jacobs did, yet again, a phenomenal job setting up the car. We spent P1 and P2 making final adjustments. Went out in P3 on a mission! Fastest lap of the weekend for me: http://vimeo.com/23115166

Car handled like a charm. Could carry speed all over the place like never before.

I to HairyDog once more! Also to CVR and the event sponsors for putting together a spectacular event!
We got to talk about set up..... since we are using the same master guru......

Can you PM me the winning formula? or do you suggest me calling Dan himself?
Old 05-02-2011, 11:00 PM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Fred

Great video!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: LRP Club race......