Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche factory driver Patrick Long Tests the Motion Pro II Racing Simulator

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 12:31 AM
CXC Simulations
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche factory driver Patrick Long Tests the Motion Pro II Racing Simulator

Hey guys, I thought I'd drop in and post some Porsche related stuff

Porsche factory driver Patrick Long has been trying to find time to test one of our Motion Pro II racing simulators for more than a year. Recently, in Los Angeles for a Porsche presentation to the Motor Press Guild, he had the opportunity to slip away to CXC for a couple of hours and try simulation of several of the different types of cars he races all over the world. His opinion?

Easily the best simulator I’ve been on to date. It’s just more realistic. There’s less exaggerated motion, motion sickness, if you will, Disneyland type stuff going on. You’re feeling a lot more of the energy you get when you’re driving a car. The steering, whether you’re driving an Indy car, a stock car, whatever, relates more than other sims that I’ve been on.

One of America’s great driving talents, Long won in his first appearance at Le Mans and set the GT2 lap record there. In 2010, he co-drove the Porsche GTR Hybrid to its first victory and has scored wins at Sebring, Daytona and Zhuhai, China. Successful in formula cars, GT, stock cars, and ALMS and Grand-Am prototypes, Long enjoys all kinds of racing. He made it clear that he wants more time in a Motion Pro II.

Absolutely, I look forward to coming back. My next goal is to have all my clients buy one so wherever I go I have a place to go play.

We were really honored he decided to pay us a visit and we look forward to seeing him again!!
Attached Images       

Quick Reply: Porsche factory driver Patrick Long Tests the Motion Pro II Racing Simulator