Sponsored by:

Fritz's Track Escapades

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 830 Posts

Originally Posted by ukrbmw
At the moment I'm planning on it. Trying to get some weight out and with colder weather who knows maybe a 2:01-02 possible for the tired 6GT3.
It is possible....put me in your right seat.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:58 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fritz Flynn
Hi Kurt,
Hmm t1 to t9 doesn't sound good hehe, hopefully I wasn't holding you up.

I remember your car, VERY COOL!

Next time I'll track you down and introduce myself
No hold up at all. I found the clip. I get the feeling you were still figuring out "do I take a right or a left at the end of this straight?".
Old 08-15-2011, 09:25 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

T
The next day I get some driving instruction from Rmag and things start coming together so I decide to throw the HOOS on and WOW the car jumps off the mat and starts kicking some *** but it doesn't last too long because I have a very fast leak in the R rear tire combined with RAIN so I pack it in and call it busted weekend.

I'll post up a another vid from the same session running a 1.20 lap which isn't horrible but also not as fast as I'd hoped. I think under better track conditions and a tire that can hold air the car has low 19 or 18. Didn't notice much problem in the turns but braking was not good, when I came in the pressure front was 35 rear 25.
yea, stuff definitely came together for you, nice driving! Should have stuck around for Sunday. That 90% chance of rain was a no show and we had perfect weather all day. Best I ever muster in my old GT3 was a low 19, so yea the car can do it. 18 would be ***** out in it ...can't wait to see you post a video of one, I know it's coming (I did a low 18 in my .2RS ...but that's cheating ). Try and Make VIR!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:46 PM
ukrbmw
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
It is possible....put me in your right seat.
VR - you're confused, I said get weight out of the car

Ok, ok, couldn't help myself. I'd be game, but probably not at a NASA event, so track time is so short. I'm probably going to do Rezoom one day in September - that might be an option, or later at the Chin event.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:47 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

VR - you're confused, I said get weight out of the car

Ok, ok, couldn't help myself. I'd be game, but probably not at a NASA event, so track time is so short. I'm probably going to do Rezoom one day in September - that might be an option, or later at the Chin event.
LMAO! Touche'

Sure thing, man...when you're ready, let's compare calendars.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:18 AM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

At the moment I'm planning on it. Trying to get some weight out and with colder weather who knows maybe a 2:01-02 possible for the tired 6GT3.
YOU can do it

Originally Posted by kurt M
No hold up at all. I found the clip. I get the feeling you were still figuring out "do I take a right or a left at the end of this straight?".

Originally Posted by rmag
yea, stuff definitely came together for you, nice driving! Should have stuck around for Sunday. That 90% chance of rain was a no show and we had perfect weather all day. Best I ever muster in my old GT3 was a low 19, so yea the car can do it. 18 would be ***** out in it ...can't wait to see you post a video of one, I know it's coming (I did a low 18 in my .2RS ...but that's cheating ). Try and Make VIR!
The leaky rear tire was completely flat when I arrived home so it has a nasty leak and I'd hate to have a serious off because of a bone head decision.

If I go 18s it'll be on some cheater A6s but I'm hoping the 19 is there now with some late braking and smoother driving/track.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:21 AM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Oh lord, not another leaky tire at Summit Mr. Flynn!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Paddy
Oh lord, not another leaky tire at Summit Mr. Flynn!
YEP

Although clipping the valve stem was a whole different kind of leak
Old 08-16-2011, 01:40 PM
karmx7
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Fritz,

Nice driving, you go up and down through the gears a heck of a lot faster than I (got to work on that among other things....). Nice choice of music, I'm going to be cueing up Rust Never Sleeps and Decade on the old iPOD for the next week or so.

Take care,

Keith
Old 08-17-2011, 12:08 AM
fhp911
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 35 Posts

ALL,

I just looked at the Summit Point (main circuit) calendar and there is BARELY anything shown for the circuit from now on. Is this correct??? I WANNA GO TO SP AGAIN THIS YEAR.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:58 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is an advanced DE during the CR in Oct. Good amount of track time if you are a red/black drover. Potomac holds at least one more DE after the CR weekend as well.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:18 AM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by karmx7
Hey Fritz,

Nice driving, you go up and down through the gears a heck of a lot faster than I (got to work on that among other things....). Nice choice of music, I'm going to be cueing up Rust Never Sleeps and Decade on the old iPOD for the next week or so.

Take care,

Keith
Neil is the man

If I was smart I'd skip the rowing and give the brake pedal full attention but it's a bad habit and a rhythm thing for me. Braking is so tedious and hard to master but it's truly the difference between fast and slow.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:24 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Braking is so .. hard to master but it's truly the difference between fast and slow.
TRUTH
Old 08-17-2011, 01:25 PM
Bman
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Fritz,

Good to see you and thanks for coming! Sorry again for all your troubles this past weekend. But thanks for leaving early which, no doubt, was the reason the 90% rain forecast turned into the best weather day of the weekend.

Name:  schlep.png
Views: 119
Size:  20.7 KB

Hey, at least the beers we plentiful and cold. Glad we had a chance to enjoy a few. Hope to see you a VIR over labor day!

B
Old 08-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bman
Fritz,

Good to see you and thanks for coming! Sorry again for all your troubles this past weekend. But thanks for leaving early which, no doubt, was the reason the 90% rain forecast turned into the best weather day of the weekend.

Attachment 559780

Hey, at least the beers we plentiful and cold. Glad we had a chance to enjoy a few. Hope to see you a VIR over labor day!

B
Hi Brian,
Nice to see you as well and glad we had a chance to hang out some.

I do what I can

I don't think I'll make the Sept Potomac VIR event but may do the FSR event later in Sept.

Quick Reply: Fritz's Track Escapades