Sponsored by:

How much time can a good coach.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011 | 09:59 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
IMO you are both correct. Spec Miate or Spec Racer Ford will definitely teach you how to be a MUCH faster & smoother driver. You will really learn what momentum is all about , and how to preserve it. And if you race, you will learn race craft or be at the end of the pack. The REALLY smart drivers can use these skills & transfer them to faster, higher powered cars...and begin to drive ALL cars like momentum cars. A coach can help with this, but it really has to be learned by the driver... Those who don't, and then move to big power cars, are susceptible to what FBB says.
+1,000,000
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 03-06-2011 | 11:50 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by spg993tt
or buy a spec miata, a spec boxster and master car control. too many guys in too fast a machine for their skill level.

i have a spec miata. i love drive it. that car requires tremendous car control and when you blunder, you feel it for like a full lap. you lose horsepower, momentum, there aint no rightfoot pedal action thats going to get it back quick.l.
+1 That is what i did, I want from a GT3 to racing a spec miata. I love it. its a lesson in car control. One mistake and you are at the back of the pack. Its competitive, with 40 cars bump drafting each other it does not get much more exciting at for my pocket book level.

It has also helped me with my instruction, you soon learn all cars are momentum cars, just a different level of momentum.

Quick Reply: How much time can a good coach.......