Sponsored by:

PCA Rules

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 04:44 PM
911StockClass
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCA Rules

Hello, I have lurked here trying to learn more in preparation for Club Racing with the PCA. I am currently setting up an old 911 to run in a stock class. My mechanic is recommending modification of the shock tower (elongating the mounting hole) and shock housing (relocating the hub carrier) in order to get more negative camber in the front. In my reading of the rules this is prohibited for the stock classes and not even allowed as a prepared change, do you guys agree? If so, would these changes automatically make it a GT car?

A big thanks to the Rennlist community as I have already learned a ton here.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:22 PM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Hope you won't take this wrong, but ...

1. get a copy of the rule book. What is allowed is very clearly stated. If it's not specifically stated as allowed ... it's not allowed.

2. If the shop helping you is not familiar with the rule book, find a new shop.

Just trying to be helpful.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:38 PM
CWhaley
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^-+1

Get yourself another shop! Where are you located? You CAN NOT SLOT your shock tower mounting holes!
You CAN place camber plates in the car for more negative camber!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Dave said it perfectly, and you need a new shop. Say where you are and i'm sure someone can give you a name.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:50 PM
DDun911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

You are correct in your reading of the rules you cant modify the tower.
before you head down the much more expensive road of turning your car into a stock race car (no matter how much your budgeting you should just go ahead and double that amount). There are a lot of very nice older 911 race prepped cars that are screaming bargains to what you will end up spending. Look hard before going down the rabbit hole.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:21 PM
racer
Drifting

Since ultimately it will be YOU and not your mechanic who has to go through scrutineering to get a log book (or get penalized or outclassed etc) YOU should know the rules for the car and class you wish to compete in. As mentioned.. GET/Download the PCA Clubrace rule book and learn it well. Consider any other group you might also run with and get a copy of their rule books to know how you car might be classed.

I'd also consider looking at the class size/particpation levels. I could see some areas of the country having very small fields of some classes and other regions very large classes. Unless your heart is set on racing "only this old 911" it might be worth considering the class you will be running in.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:39 PM
911StockClass
2nd Gear

Thanks, you guys confirmed what I suspected after reading the rules. To be fair to my mechanic, I put no onus on him to keep me in compliance, that is all on me and why I thought I would double check here first before making the changes he suggested.

Quick Reply: PCA Rules