Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Ferrari 458 Italia crash run over by Ford F 150 Truck PARKED ON ITS HOOD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 10:43 PM
outline
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FFS guys, ferrari is almost unique amongst car makers in that it has the same level and kind of following as a top level NFL/NHL/NBA/Soccer team, its way beyond liking the cars or being into F1 and as with the former, wholly irrational. many people are supporters/fans but not owners, many are owners but not fans and some are fortunate enough to be both. for them they get to have fenway in their garage. try to imagine what that might be like.
who knows why people attach themselves to ferrari. why do folk do it with other sports and teams yet chose to ignore others. the world is a weird place.
no one says jack about anyone wearing a red socks t shirt and cap but wear a ferrari t shirt and you are a clown figure. dare to go near an actual car and you may aswell be tripping up old people.

take a trip to the factory and look at the people clustered outside trying to get just a glimpse after traveling half way across the world knowing they wont get in (you need to be an owner), go to a grand prix and see the sea of red, go to italy and see what ferrari means to them in every walk of life right across the whole country and then reassess your view.
last time i was passing through germany and weissach i didnt see any of that and ive yet to hear one person talk about porsche in a way that even begins to touch on the emotive.
porsche are an inanimate object, a logo/name tagged to a function. ferrari are a team and very much a living being. both make cars. it may seem blunt but thats the nub of the matter as far as i can distill it. sure ferrari play up on this like you wouldnt believe and milk it for all its worth, what team doesnt. last time i checked porsche had a clothing line though and it contained an even sadder message. that buying a coat or t shirt would give you a lifestyle. if you are bored, take a look next time you are at a dealer and cringe for all your life. ferrari may be brazen but the porsche one is downright embarrassing

no matter what happened there that day i know two things. its good no one was hurt, and it sucks for both drivers.

for the record ive 3 porsche (two of which are cups, one 996 and one 997) and 1 ferrari. i have one ferrari goretex/thermal fleece jacket and several porsche race suits.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:48 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I see someone wearing SF gear, I usually assume F1 fan. Sometimes I can strike up an interesting conversation during race season, other times they have no idea what i'm talking about.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:54 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by neilwight
....no one says jack about anyone wearing a red socks t shirt....
Unless of course you are in Yankees Stadium.......
Old 02-01-2011, 11:11 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

neilwight makes a lot of sense.

And let's not forget... $hit happens.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:59 PM
renvagn
Burning Brakes

I think the driver was Glen Beck............................
Old 02-02-2011, 12:19 AM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Didn't see any tire marks behind the 458. He probably never had a chance and swerved in an attempt to Dodge the Ford.

Hopefully nobody was injured, and at least the 458 didn't go up in flames.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:19 AM
renvagn
Burning Brakes

' Pretty ironic that Ferrari calls it's new F1 car the F-150"
..................That must be why my Ford dealership quoted me $ 495.00 to replace my 100,000 mile spark plugs at 60,000. Makes perfect sense now. Here I thought it was excellence in engineering with Ford.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:26 AM
sig_a
Pro

[QUOTE=Coochas;8264076]FTW Lewis!
Wasn't the boat named SEAFOOD?

Yep.......SEAFOOD.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:38 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,232 Posts

From Ferrari Chat:

Originally Posted by alfas
eyewitness account good enough?

“I was at the car wash when this happened. The traffic was backed up on northbound Parsons Av and the Ferrari was passing across a double yellow line (illegal) to try and get to the small left turn lane I believe.”

http://www.inautonews.com/new-ferrar...rd-f-150-truck

accident was at 123 S. Parsons Ave. Brandon, Fl 33511
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...ed=0CCQQ8gEwAA

seems conceivable ford was making a left with traffic letting him through since there was probably a red light or pause.

admitted not a police report but why would a witness lie in a simple case like this?
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=312140
Old 02-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DCP
Payback for Ferrari's trademark infringement in its 2011 F1 car name.
LOL.....................
Old 02-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by RJFabCab
Didn't see any tire marks behind the 458. He probably never had a chance and swerved in an attempt to Dodge the Ford.

:
I'd hope I would have swerved behind the truck instead of in front, but I hope I never have to find out. Maybe he thought "Fek. Its just a Ford- I'll outrun it."
Not.

But if he did try and swerve, the front wheels are awfully straight. I'd wager he was over the double yellows to start. Trouble is The Ford was making a Luigi.
I say; offsetting fouls- replay the down.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:05 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,315 Likes on 1,958 Posts

Thank God I read this thread -- I've been making an awful mistake for years! You see, sometimes when I drive my Porsche, I wear a Porsche shirt or hat. My firesuit has a Porsche patch too. Not a Porsche crest or anything fancy like that, just a "Porsche" patch. Can you imagine what all the envious BMW owners must be saying when they see me?
Old 02-02-2011, 09:54 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

According to the "Amigos" it was Alonso's fault, because he's such a diva that he didn't want to wait for the light...

A.Wayne will say that the faux Ford F150 driver is part of a Bernie Ecclestone conspiracy that was created in order to lure Ford back in to F1 and....wait for it...

SCHUMACHER!! (faux 7 deliberately took out a Dodge driver intentionally back in 1991)!
Old 02-02-2011, 11:23 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Hey, you scratched my anchor !

Perfect! LOL!!
Old 02-02-2011, 11:42 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
According to the "Amigos" it was Alonso's fault, because he's such a diva that he didn't want to wait for the light...

A.Wayne will say that the faux Ford F150 driver is part of a Bernie Ecclestone conspiracy that was created in order to lure Ford back in to F1 and....wait for it...

SCHUMACHER!! (faux 7 deliberately took out a Dodge driver intentionally back in 1991)!
Perfect!.....

Quick Reply: 2011 Ferrari 458 Italia crash run over by Ford F 150 Truck PARKED ON ITS HOOD!!!