Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011 | 09:14 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Didn't seem that great to me either but a 2:05 is not too shabby
Old 01-09-2011 | 09:36 PM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

Chris Hall is a great coach, hope to hire him for 1 on 1 soon.

Originally Posted by mdrums
I took some pro coaching from Chris Hall at Sebring and he got me to use less brake come off of it more smoothly and roll the car into the corner, except for T7. T7 is really the only threshold braking corner. Since my line was fine that is what we worked on. I picked up time and massive amounts of corner speed at the apex. What I was doing wrong....the way the PCA instructors taught me was to brake as late as possible everywhere. Chris said I had great late braking skills and that will come in handy for passing cars in the brake zone, but not the fastest way around the track, plus it is much harder on the car. I was almost threshold braking every corner....thus...unsettling the car and over slowing the car in the corner because it was unbalanced. The car was still sliding some and I had to make corrections but it was slower than the way Chris Hall showed me. I really learned a lot and the day I spent with him, going over data and watching him for some laps. His coaching was the best mod. My car is stock except for GT3 lower control arms up front and r-comp tires. I plan on more coaching to further my driving skills from Chris and hire some other coaches and learn from them too.
Old 01-09-2011 | 10:25 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Default sebring

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Watch it again & listen for when he gets on the gas, how far thru the corner he is before rolling to throttle. Some of that is understeer, some is not.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach

VR, take a ride with Chris and you will go "OHHH SH*t now I see what he's doing"
Old 01-09-2011 | 10:30 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bobt993
VR, take a ride with Chris and you will go "OHHH SH*t now I see what he's doing"
I already know what he's doing. But there are very few videos out there showing anyone doing this, so I thought I'd add one more.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 01-09-2011 | 10:49 PM
mr_fizz
Instructor

fast in, fast out... nice driving.
Old 01-09-2011 | 11:41 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

When I try that I go slower... I have data of me vs great pros like Andrew Davis. I can come into the turn faster and not slow down as much, yet he gets a lot more speed on the next straight and takes less time into the next turn. Slow in fast out in a GT3 cup car seems to work in the majority of corners.
Old 01-10-2011 | 05:22 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Default How'd Darren feel?

Darren felt good...knows he'll have the job for a while longer....I loved the ride.

I have a GT3R video that I'll send to anyone...just can't figure out how to load it on Rennslist. It's a WMV file, and the driver shifts a "real" 6 speed transmission. It is a GSC Motorsports car, and he knocks out a 2:08....+++there are some cars that the driver passes...he did have to check up a bit for traffic...

There is another GSC video of a Porsche car at Road Atlanta, no traffic, same car as the Sebring car above: http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/2763259 <<That should get you there...the GSC videos are on the left side of their FB page.

Last edited by Martin S.; 01-10-2011 at 05:41 AM.
Old 01-10-2011 | 08:42 AM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Looked relaxed and fast!

Quick Reply: Another fantastic example of "rolling" a car, in Sebring's corners