Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 05:53 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 600 Likes on 268 Posts
Default BGB RETURNS TO HOME TRACK WITH SOPHOMORE PORSCHE CAYMAN EFFORT

BGB RETURNS TO HOME TRACK WITH SOPHOMORE PORSCHE CAYMAN EFFORT AND SEASON ANNOUNCEMENT

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

January 5, 2011 (Ormond Beach, FL) – The BGB Motorsports crew and family are excited to start the 2011 Grand-Am Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Series season, especially since it will all take place in front of the home crowd, with a lot of support. Teams begin unloading cars and equipment at the “World Center of Racing,” Daytona International Speedway tomorrow afternoon; three days of sanctioned Grand-Am testing will precede this year’s 49th running of the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona at the end of the month. On Friday January 28th at 1:30pm, Continental Tire competitors will take to the track for a 2.5 hour combined class race. With 55 cars already entered for the “Roar Before the Rolex 24” testing weekend, and over 50 cars entered for the race at the end of the month, the Continental Tire Series field will be fiercely competitive as usual.

Returning for their 2nd season together in competition are BGB alumnae Stewart Tetreault and Guy Cosmo; the two announced plans to run 2012 together this summer but the announcement had been on hold pending the team’s plans for the 2nd Cayman. During Tetreault’s first full season in GS competition, the Connecticut resident along with cagey veteran Guy Cosmo, occupied a top-10 spot in the GS Team Championship for most of the 2010 season. The two are anxious to get the newly completed BGB Motorsports Cayman #003 out onto the high banks of Daytona. The team has been feverishly testing the car during the holidays, determined to make it a championship contending platform in 2011.

“We’re stoked to get 2011 underway. We’re excited to have Guy Cosmo and Stew back; they work well with the BGB chemistry. Cosmo is on his game right now and if we continue to prepare reliable, good cars like we did last year, the “little Cayman that could” is going to be a threat; they were almost a threat in a seasoned 5-year old 997! We’re going to show with this car what a lot of people told us wasn’t possible. Even the factory doesn’t want us racing it, and as frustrating as that is, to win with this car will be more rewarding than anything. We’ve showed that the Cayman reliable and has potential; it’s time to get to work and prove it.”

Twelve months ago the team showed up at Daytona with two brand new Cayman S race cars that they built in 2 months. Steve Jenkins was the top qualifying Porsche and teammates Keith Carroll and Duncan Ende finished just outside the top-10 in their first race. At that time, there had never been a professional Cayman racing program before in North America. Teams like Magnus Racing and BGB Motorsports are determined to show that privateers can turn these cars into very competitive race cars. While the team is expecting to make an announcement for the 2nd car’s plans later this weekend, Cayman interest has them again considering building a 3rd car.

For $15 per day, fans can attend the “Roar Before the Rolex 24” and watch teams shake off the rust, while they get up-close and personal with the cars.

BGB Motorsports is an ambitious, professional motorsports business. The team's facility is located less than 15 miles from Daytona International Speedway and the headquarters for the Grand American Road Racing Association. The team operates as a customer oriented business, running cars under the Grand American Road Racing, Sports Car Club of America and Porsche Club of America sanctioning bodies. For more information, visit www.teambgb.com.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:13 PM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great news John, best of luck.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Best wishes, John!

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 01-05-2011, 06:43 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Awesome John, I know you guys will do great!

Best of luck!
Old 01-05-2011, 11:14 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Here's to a great 2011 season!

Lets us know how the re-paved NASCAR banks feel. I'm driving over as usual to watch some of the 24hr race....see ya! Mike
Old 01-06-2011, 10:52 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 600 Likes on 268 Posts

Thanks guys for the votes of confidence. Mike, i'll see you when you visit. I will try and post some new Daytona in-car over the weekend.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:11 AM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Go get em John!!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:17 AM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
Thanks guys for the votes of confidence. Mike, i'll see you when you visit. I will try and post some new Daytona in-car over the weekend.

Can't wait to see the in-car videos form the weekend, keep us posted on how things go.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:26 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

i enjoyed watching your car running hard this past weekend, John. for all of you who couldn't be there, i can assure you this beast was brutally fast coming out of the turns. most impressive coming out in front of the grandstand... best luck in the future.

allan od.

a shot from my webcam.

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: BGB RETURNS TO HOME TRACK WITH SOPHOMORE PORSCHE CAYMAN EFFORT