Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leh Keen's Sebring Video...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 05:33 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Love how Leh got through the traffic at 13 and 15 so smoothly. Big slide at T7 too....I bet there is a second or 2 due to traffic and sliding around.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:33 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Also he had to slow to pass a few cars...wasn't there a 928 in there? Looked like a 2.06 potentially.
Interestingly he makes it sound and seem like a sequential by not skipping any gears on the way down. Great video to watch.

Seth that sure is a tricky little 'box. Even jumped out of gear there once. Nice bit of off road driving you were forced to do a couple of times on the same corner too. Those guys in the mid field sure don't give you a free passage through. Seems a stupid rule that puts you from pole to last just because of a broken exhaust hanger. That's ridiculous. Also at 5:45 that blue BMW seems to shed a few lbs. It almost looked animated with how it just tore across the screen without you hitting it. Loved the pass at 6:35 around the outside too. Great driving!
Old 12-30-2010, 05:37 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Seth, loved watching you go through the traffic....loved the exit of T17 pass in the grass (3:17 on the video). I was at the race too...so it's cool to see from in the car.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:41 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,541 Likes on 814 Posts

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
Would have been a 2:07 if the car hadn't have slid around so much exiting a couple of the turns. Still an amazing video and fun to watch.

Here is one of my from the World Challenge Touring car with the xtract transmission. This is the first race with the gearboxes (installed the week of the race) and one where I qualified on the pole but had to start from the back due to a broken exhaust hanger making the exhaust hang too low.
Definitely quite a bit of sliding in that 996.....

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 12-30-2010, 07:02 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Would have been a 2:07 if the car hadn't have slid around so much exiting a couple of the turns. Still an amazing video and fun to watch.

Here is one of my from the World Challenge Touring car with the xtract transmission. This is the first race with the gearboxes (installed the week of the race) and one where I qualified on the pole but had to start from the back due to a broken exhaust hanger making the exhaust hang too low.
Great job Seth and fun to watch.....
Old 12-30-2010, 07:06 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Definitely quite a bit of sliding in that 996.....

Sprint motors will do that ....
Old 12-30-2010, 08:06 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

is it me or does leh's seat look loose?

also is he blipping the throttle on every downshift he makes, that tranny takes a beating.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:51 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eUQB6znZ9w
nice video - great fighting! It's amazing how Sebring keeps hands busy with even guys of your level. I feel a smidge better about myself now that i saw that...
Old 12-30-2010, 09:41 PM
outline
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the posting. first time ive seen that.
i need to go work on my footwork. here was me thinking ive managed to improve it this year and that just makes me feel like a leaden footed oaf.
curious to read the comments ref the using of every gear on the way down too. this was always how i had been told to do it rather than skip cogs out.

just to digress a little but do i take it that most jump right to the gear they need or in the case of a big shift down, say 5th to 2nd hit 3rd and then 2nd a miss out 4th etc?
Old 12-30-2010, 09:56 PM
slavik
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

always great to watch Leh race
Old 12-30-2010, 10:30 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,541 Likes on 814 Posts

Originally Posted by neilwight
just to digress a little but do i take it that most jump right to the gear they need or in the case of a big shift down, say 5th to 2nd hit 3rd and then 2nd a miss out 4th etc?
Can's speak for others, but I go through each gear up & down, and coach the same.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:33 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Both of these video's are truly inspiring to say the least.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:20 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by 93 FireHawk 968
Both of these video's are truly inspiring to say the least.
I'm with you Joe, if you look up Sebring+instinctive+car+control on Google they should be the first two picks. I love watching videos where the sound and reaction flow. It's no surprise Leh and Seth are out there and I think it's great they stop by here and make their presence known! As fellow racers (of a lesser universe) we salute you!
Old 12-31-2010, 12:00 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One day I will able to drive like those guys( I have to quit my day job 1st, Seth)
Old 12-31-2010, 01:01 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

I'm in awe by how easy they make driving on the edge look. There are moments in either video where lesser mortals would have hesitated or reacted a milli-second too late (if at all) and the results would have been significanly different.

Remember the thread a week or so ago about bending the car into a turn and carrying more mid-entry speed? I think it's fun to re-think about what Larry H. and Chris Cervelli were talking about and then watch Leh and Seth's videos again. Fun stuff.....

Oh and just for the bleep of it, here's Cervelli (another gifted driver) bending his way around Texas World Speedway (another bumpy track) a few years ago in his 993RSR....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4m0E...eature=channel

Quick Reply: Leh Keen's Sebring Video...