Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

964 Cup cars, where are they?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 05:02 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

This was the same question I had a little while ago... in my mind the 964 cups have passed over the tipping point of becoming more of a collectable than workhorse club racer...

https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...-964-cups.html
Old 12-21-2010, 05:26 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera51
If I had say $65-$70K to spend on a track car, I would grab a 964 Cup. I don't blame the guys that have them not wanting to sell them. They will only go up in value. It would look really nice sitting in the garage next to my 93.
Originally Posted by TR6
True. But I think the difference is that the guys that own the 964 cups will just hang on to them rather than sell them for what may be perceived as a depressed price based on the economy. There may be a 964 cup owner who is forced to sell due to their individual circumstances, but by and large, I think the 964 cup owners as a group are in for the long haul and will just sit tight through any economic downturn. Just my 2 cents from the cheap seats. I can't afford one anyway!
FWIW, my 92 Euro Cup is for sale for less than $65K. I simply can not drive it anymore. It is not listed on RL.

As for any 964Cup being original, I've watched videos of mine "back in the day" and spoken with the rave team that campaigned it... It is hard to say what is still on the car from the day it left the factory. They worked hard and now enjoy "retirement".
Old 12-21-2010, 08:06 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
FWIW, my 92 Euro Cup is for sale for less than $65K. I simply can not drive it anymore. It is not listed on RL.

As for any 964Cup being original, I've watched videos of mine "back in the day" and spoken with the rave team that campaigned it... It is hard to say what is still on the car from the day it left the factory. They worked hard and now enjoy "retirement".
Well Lewis, since you are on the subject, do you have any pics?
Old 12-22-2010, 11:20 PM
Jeff Burger
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Colin -- My 964 Cup stayed in the States. It went to a gentleman in upstate NY who has given it a cosmetic refurb and runs it with another "vintage" race group . I think Ronnies Cup went back to Europe though.
Jeff B.

Quick Reply: 964 Cup cars, where are they?