Sponsored by:

Pedal blocks X-post

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 02:12 AM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pedal blocks X-post

i need to extend the pedals in a 944 race car, is there such thing as pedal blocks?
Old 12-12-2010, 11:26 AM
PPo
Drifting

Hey Chopperzz,

You don't need to explain this if it is an uncomfortable point for you, but before you dive into the deep end of adjusting pedals, describe why you need them.

I think that this group may be able to help you out with seat/steering wheel placement and set-up. It may be a lot easier then adjusting the pedals...

Being of Italian decent, I have the typical short in-seam, short arms, longer torso setup. Not as much as a Gorilla, but you get the point... anyhow, I worked and worked and worked, and found a set-up in my 924S racer that works really well.

So, let us know why you are considering pedal placement...

P
Old 12-12-2010, 01:07 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

It doesn't get any more adjustable than this baby:
http://www.rennline.com/Rennline-Rev...uctinfo/A12.1/
Old 12-12-2010, 01:42 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

If to heel and toe better, I cut some slices of 1/8" aluminum and attched to the factory pedals under some of those rennline pedal pads.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:33 PM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PPo
Hey Chopperzz,

You don't need to explain this if it is an uncomfortable point for you, but before you dive into the deep end of adjusting pedals, describe why you need them.

I think that this group may be able to help you out with seat/steering wheel placement and set-up. It may be a lot easier then adjusting the pedals...

Being of Italian decent, I have the typical short in-seam, short arms, longer torso setup. Not as much as a Gorilla, but you get the point... anyhow, I worked and worked and worked, and found a set-up in my 924S racer that works really well

So, let us know why you are considering pedal placement...

P
No problem, I have a new race car that has a cage that is designed for someone much shorter that me and has an X brace that hits my helmet. The cheapest/cleanest way to fix this is for me to move the seat back so my head is more in the X brace.
So the plan is to try and lower the recaro seat on the brackets. (maybe 1" there)
Then if I can find a way to add 1-1 1/2 on the pedal assembly this might fix the problem.
Otherwise, I need to hack the X Brace and potentially cut out knee brace under steering column as well. I hate to do this because the cage is real nice, if I was 5' 7".
Old 12-12-2010, 11:21 PM
PPo
Drifting

PM sent... you are close to my shop... come by and see my seat fitment in the 924S racer for ideas...
Old 12-13-2010, 05:51 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Make whatever you need so that it's comfortable. First thing I did when my wife & I bought our e36 M3 racecar was make 2" pedal blocks out of plastic from McMaster Carr. Bolted those to the factory pedals then bolted some aftermarket pedal covers to them. Drilled a bunch of holes in them to make them as light as possible. Took a while, but I couldn't find anything pre-made to do the same thing. Wife & I both have short legs so we needed blocks so that we weren't so close to the steering wheel.

Quick Reply: Pedal blocks X-post