German Auto Dismantlers - THE WORST

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 08:30 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,799 Likes on 2,375 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Don't forget your good buddies at Fikse, John.
i think alan bylis is trying very hard to get it turned around. i have issues with mr. fikse himself, not with alan. i am hoping alan make it work. the product is steller, but the OLD service was ****. and i mean fk'g ****.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:00 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
I've had good luck with Oklahoma Foreign.
+1. I ordered from them with no issues. Product arrived as described. [factory painted trim piece for 996 GT3].

-td
Old 12-19-2010, 01:28 PM
DanS911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 For DC ordered several times good service and very knowledgeable.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:03 PM
DDun911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have used DC automotive several times and found there service great. Good product knowledge and on time shipment of what I ordered.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:16 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by claykos
Anyone have experience with DC auto? I need several small miscellaneous GT3 parts for a project...

I was thinking about using german dismantlers, but apparently that's not a good idea!
I've bought from DC. Nice transactions. I have heard ton's of bad stuff about GAD.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:03 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I ordered a set of "excellent condition with a couple of small scratches" Boxster wheels from German Auto Dismay thru Ebay and received a set of wheels that looked like they were the rollers for a paint shop, no kidding. And that was only after chasing Joe for three weeks because he was first, sick, and then second, got sick AGAIN and no one but he could deal with my sale.

Paint all over them, big gouges, scars, scratches and to top it off they had a set of petrified Pirellis on them that I then had to pay to have dismounted before having to pay to have them refinished. Why'd I'd keep them, because straight Spec Barbie wheels are hard to find!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:34 PM
ard
Burning Brakes

Received 207 Likes on 113 Posts

weighing in late on this, but in my book, "doing homework" before shelling out $$$ involves checking RL as well as the Pelican Parts Tech Forums http://www.pelicanparts.com/index.htmto see if any red flags pop up in search. Granted, making everyone happy all the time is a tough task, but when there is a preponderance of evidence regarding bad dealings (as is the case when you search "Joe Cogbill" on Pelican Parts) I stay away.

HTH, although it may be like closing the barn door after the horses have left.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 472 Likes on 239 Posts

So I ordered some hard to find brake line parts for the Pawxster from dC Auto and they answered my questions by email and had the parts delivered within a week. I'll definitely go back to them.

Reading my story in the initial post about German Auto Dismantlers, it occured to me that I left out one more screw job item. When GAD initially charged me, they went ahead and added a second charge of $1400 just for the hell of it. They didn't argue with me about that one but I'm guessing it's SOP there.

BEWARE GERMAN AUTO DISMANTLERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:18 PM
IRT Dave
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
I know there have been plenty of bad things said about these guys before, but I am having a horrible time with them right now.

The sad thing is that I bought some wheels from them before over EBay and had no problem. My guess is that they are better at honoring their EBay deals since there is fraud protection built in with most purchases.

I called Joe at German Auto Dismantlers (as well as email) about 2 months ago looking for a door and rear bumper cover for my SPBOX with the specification that it must be 1) in good condition and 2) be Porsche factory Black. I went over this with him ad nauseum. He told me that he had a beautiful Black door that was ready to ship and that he could easily find a nice Black bumper.
So a month+ goes by and he finally ships the door. I spoke with their shipping person who promised me the door was Black when I spoke with him.

The door arrived about a week ago and is of course not Black but Midnight Blue. I called Joe and complained and he told me he didn't have a nice Black door so he sent me that one instead. I was pissed. Now if I want the door to be Black and look decent I'll probably have to pay someone 200 bucks on a 300 dollar door.

I called him about the second item, the Black rear bumper cover. He gave me some BS and then I told him I wanted to cancel the order. He then started SCREAMING at me on the phone ranting about how hard he's been working to close this 'deal.' When I told him I was sick and tired of having my car apart he told me "I've been 4 time SCCA Champion,....I know about having cars apart" etc etc. I then made the mistake of telling him that if the order was not filled before this weekend that the deal was off. I also told him that if the bumper arrives and it's not Black that I would not accept it.

Since I had not heard from him, I called him an hour ago to cancel the order. Magically the order has shipped but he was unable to provide me with any information on its delivery. I told him that if it wasn't here in the next few days and not as ordered that I would be filing a complaint with the BBB and a fraud dispute with Visa. Certainly a BBB complaint is warranted.

BEWARE GERMAN AUTO DISMANTLERS!
I bought an engine from them a few months back , drove to pick it up (400mi round trip) after getting it home and installing it a few weeks later "just had a back fusion" the eng turned out to be total junk (Core Eng) tried to return it and met the ***** you call joe.
Turned into a total jerk on the phone and refused to return my $$ but offered to repair it insted so i said yes if it was proven what was fixed, then he said NO!
so we have court comming up so with all the proof of his shady dealings we'll see him in court...
To see the the vid go to Youtube and search Extremetruckerdave
And he pulled the same "Im a 4 Time looser act on me as well "
Old 04-20-2015, 12:39 AM
organist29
2nd Gear

Angry Put this arrogant thief/con man out of Porsche business!

This post is a continuation of the saga of German Auto Dismantlers, AKA EPullit or PAP, Stuttgart aliases used to close threatened businesses and open under new names...
The German Auto Mechanic shop in Marietta GA had my 1987 Porsche 944S in for repairs because it stopped going into gear after a sudden stop to avoid collision. I had neglected to put in the clutch –it was very sudden- and the car lurched (it was in 4th gear) and soon after that, I was no longer able to drive it forward or backward. 12/29/14 approx.

The shop manager called to tell us that it needed transmission replacement. They had located one for $1500 – not including installation. I wanted to try to find a cheaper price online. I located several but there were difficulties with the perfect model – It had to be non limited slip differential, and it had to be specific to the model 944S. – which could be ascertained by serial number.

I found out that there was yet one more advertised online, and contacted the seller – Cogscogs or Joe Cogbill. I noticed that the area code was a Georgia code. After making sure he knew what I needed and that my mechanic was not willing to accept any substitution other than 944S, AGP, 083 specs, I drove (2 hours) to Cleveland area and bought it before actually seeing it. Joe had pictures of speedway racing and lots of alleged transmission experience. 6000 transmissions reconditioned by him! His bill of sale showed that he offered a warranty that it was not defective for 90 days. I delivered it to the shop. (I didn't connect his name or business with his previous aliases.)

The shop called me the next morning and told us his model was the wrong model. Furthermore, it only had 2 operating gears – fifth and reverse. He had already cashed the check at a bank outside of his county of residence.

I had not checked the serial number stamped, but had been assured by Joe that it was the correct one for the 944S non LSD. German Auto put my OEM transmission back in after replacing the clutch, which was the problem originally. My transmission worked fine, so I wanted to return the defective one back to Joe.

Instead of honoring his part of the contract, he made several bullish statements of refusal to stand behind his asserted warranty for defects; which cost me $642 including tax. He also claimed he had sold me what I was looking for. At the time of the sale he also said that I had paid the core fee, but then he refused to redeem its value, at the very least. ("I owe you Nothing!") In online forums, I found that his inventory of Porsches and parts had been bought out in 2010 and he only was left with a few transmissions. Misrepresentation, fraud, bait and switch, selling damaged merchandise that was not the right model to begin with. Yes, buyer beware!

So I am spreading this story as much as possible, as well as filing claim for the warranty refund in the municipal court of his county. I have the proof.

People have to step up to the plate in order to curtail his larceny and his (smugly, arrogant) continuing "monkey business". Ripoff, presuming the proceeds are financing his further scams on Samba VW site.
Please contact me to assemble an avalanche of claims and evidence...to be delivered to Georgia Bureau of Investigation and other state agencies of consumer fraud protection, Secretary of State...

Originally Posted by Coochas
So I ordered some hard to find brake line parts for the Pawxster from dC Auto and they answered my questions by email and had the parts delivered within a week. I'll definitely go back to them.

Reading my story in the initial post about German Auto Dismantlers, it occured to me that I left out one more screw job item. When GAD initially charged me, they went ahead and added a second charge of $1400 just for the hell of it. They didn't argue with me about that one but I'm guessing it's SOP there.

BEWARE GERMAN AUTO DISMANTLERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2015, 09:06 AM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

Default Been there done that

Originally Posted by organist29
This post is a continuation of the saga of German Auto Dismantlers, AKA EPullit or PAP, Stuttgart aliases used to close threatened businesses and open under new names...
The German Auto Mechanic shop in Marietta GA had my 1987 Porsche 944S in for repairs because it stopped going into gear after a sudden stop to avoid collision. I had neglected to put in the clutch –it was very sudden- and the car lurched (it was in 4th gear) and soon after that, I was no longer able to drive it forward or backward. 12/29/14 approx.

The shop manager called to tell us that it needed transmission replacement. They had located one for $1500 – not including installation. I wanted to try to find a cheaper price online. I located several but there were difficulties with the perfect model – It had to be non limited slip differential, and it had to be specific to the model 944S. – which could be ascertained by serial number.

I found out that there was yet one more advertised online, and contacted the seller – Cogscogs or Joe Cogbill. I noticed that the area code was a Georgia code. After making sure he knew what I needed and that my mechanic was not willing to accept any substitution other than 944S, AGP, 083 specs, I drove (2 hours) to Cleveland area and bought it before actually seeing it. Joe had pictures of speedway racing and lots of alleged transmission experience. 6000 transmissions reconditioned by him! His bill of sale showed that he offered a warranty that it was not defective for 90 days. I delivered it to the shop. (I didn't connect his name or business with his previous aliases.)

The shop called me the next morning and told us his model was the wrong model. Furthermore, it only had 2 operating gears – fifth and reverse. He had already cashed the check at a bank outside of his county of residence.

I had not checked the serial number stamped, but had been assured by Joe that it was the correct one for the 944S non LSD. German Auto put my OEM transmission back in after replacing the clutch, which was the problem originally. My transmission worked fine, so I wanted to return the defective one back to Joe.

Instead of honoring his part of the contract, he made several bullish statements of refusal to stand behind his asserted warranty for defects; which cost me $642 including tax. He also claimed he had sold me what I was looking for. At the time of the sale he also said that I had paid the core fee, but then he refused to redeem its value, at the very least. ("I owe you Nothing!") In online forums, I found that his inventory of Porsches and parts had been bought out in 2010 and he only was left with a few transmissions. Misrepresentation, fraud, bait and switch, selling damaged merchandise that was not the right model to begin with. Yes, buyer beware!

So I am spreading this story as much as possible, as well as filing claim for the warranty refund in the municipal court of his county. I have the proof.

People have to step up to the plate in order to curtail his larceny and his (smugly, arrogant) continuing "monkey business". Ripoff, presuming the proceeds are financing his further scams on Samba VW site.
Please contact me to assemble an avalanche of claims and evidence...to be delivered to Georgia Bureau of Investigation and other state agencies of consumer fraud protection, Secretary of State...
I was ripped off by him and I'd love to see him brought to justice.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:48 AM
Dr911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
I've bought from DC. Nice transactions. I have heard ton's of bad stuff about GAD.
DC AUTO would rate them A+.

Overall, very solid guys and good stuff. I have dealt w them and they are top notch. Fair pricing. Even were willing to ship purchased items to track (within a radius).

Many I know are very satisfied.

Quick Reply: German Auto Dismantlers - THE WORST