Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winterfest vs 48 hrs of Sebring ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 09:57 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Winterfest vs 48 hrs of Sebring ?

Ok, I know that I want to go to Sebring, but also know that I cannot do both of these events (11 hr tow). For those who have been to both, which one do you enjoy more and why?

I'm not sure that this makes a difference, but I'd be running in R4 in PBOC and would remove the SC and run in GT4S in PCA. Running my 3.0L with the supercharger in PCA is not a good option.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:29 AM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tim I have raced and race in both and at the 944 level and the GT-1 level.

You really cant miss. both are amazing events put on by great people and both really enjoyable.

so it comes down to do you want to race a straight up all Porsche race or a race with everything in it from miatas to radicals Vipers, Corvettes and DP cars.

choice is yours both cool events and my favorites of the year.

hope to see you at one or both

tom
Old 12-01-2010, 12:17 PM
LDadrenaline
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look at the registration lists and see how many cars would be in your class at each event. There's no point in racing if you are just driving around by yourself...
Old 12-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

I've raced and instructed with PBOC many times at Barber and I certainly don't mind racing with a variety of cars so that is not an issue, plus there are usually at least 4 cars in R4. I have not run much with PCA simply because our local chapter stopped running races at Barber. The one and only time I've run with PCA there were 4 or 5 cars in GT4S.

I do like the idea of running the night sprint with PCA. Of course I would need to buy lights and install, but it would be fun. Guess it will come to to whether or not I plan to run any other PCA races in 2011.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:25 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

The night race at Sebring is something special for sure and something you should try at least once. It was my first time at Sebring last year and i managed to convince the organizers to let me do the night race. I was amazed by the number of cars running very similar times to their daytime times (obviously lots of track experience) and also by the number of cars that were following eachother off the track in the wrong direction! Definitely an experience!
Old 12-01-2010, 11:14 PM
kcladnier
2nd Gear

Tim, Ntech Racing rents beautifully prepared 944s that always run at the front of the field. The price is reasonable and arrive and drive is a treat. There shop is not far from Sebring. www.ntechracing.com
Old 12-02-2010, 01:40 PM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tim,
I'm fabbing up two bumpers with lights for the night race, I can always do a third!!
Old 12-04-2010, 02:31 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

I can't offer you an advice on which event to attend, but if you pick the 48 Hours come by and say hello to us. We'll be there with a table. We're the night lighting sponsor again this year.

Regards,

Matt Monson
Guard Transmission LLC
Old 12-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

I read the regulations, you have to have prior race experience at Sebring to run the night sprint

Quick Reply: Winterfest vs 48 hrs of Sebring ?