Racing with PCA

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 03:00 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by analogmike
The club has been improving for years now, I think it's more fair now than ever.
+1
Old 11-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Steward B.
Larry, Charlie is correct that there isn't a pamphlet handed out at the Orientation Meeting (Obviously you haven't been "invited" to many!).
Thanks Bruce. Must be having a senior moment as I could have sworn that I saw drawings and pictures as to what is car "A"s corner and what is car "B"s corner, but you are right, it has been a few years now since I attended one.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:33 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DanS911
Thing two... Peter do you ALWAYS have that video running?
ALWAYS except for one night at PBIR...
Old 11-30-2010, 08:21 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
From the resident back marker.

Just remember no one owns the corner. Don't dive bomb or go in too hot and push a guy off the other side. Leave room for the faster folks. It's club racing. I will never forget that.
This is clearly the spirit. However, from my observations (no first hand experience, thankfully!), PCA does believe there is a corner owner. I'll leave it to the Stewards to explain how it works, lest I get something wrong trying to explain my understanding.

Originally Posted by Steward B.
Larry, Charlie is correct that there isn't a pamphlet handed out at the Orientation Meeting (Obviously you haven't been "invited" to many!) Charlie, frankly no one had ever pointed that out before but it is something that I intend to address in my last month as chair. It won't be in the 2011 rules, as those are coming out very shortly (rules changes are already out) but should be in the 2012 rules.
Hi Bruce, it was Brian P. noting the lack of a pamphlet. I simply pointed out to Larry early on that the rules don't discuss passing. That said, it would be nice to have the PCA corner rules/logic documented. From the one rookie meeting I went to years ago, I will admit that the rules can be confusing, particularly as they are interpreted through "paddock talk" amongst racers*, and what I just walked away with was "coexist".

*"have to be at his corner", "have to be alongside", "have to be at his door handle", "must be clear of him", etc...

Quick Reply: Racing with PCA