Grand-Am Cayman S #003

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 04:32 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
Frederick,

That has yet to be decided. We've always in the past tried to get people for the full year. I'm working hard to find someone with funding to take the car for the whole season...no luck yet. If we had a 3rd Cayman built for one-off races, i could certainly do something like that. I told Mike P. to send Carlos' street car down and we won't tell him...and just convert it!
jajaja, I think it will be pretty obvious what happenned to my fellow H class racers if I show up against them with a juiced-up 400hp!!

Btw, using the wing is a no brainer (having one always better than none at almost any track, unless it's 2 dragstrips with 30mph u turns!). The car is very aero slippery but has a ton of lift from the rear
Old 11-22-2010, 04:43 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Would love to see more pictures!!
Old 11-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 155 Posts

John:
I look forward to seeing the cars do really well in 2011, now that you have a season's worth of data to build on. Having seen the 997s you built, I am sure the Cayman is just as well done, if not better.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:22 PM
mjdavis
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Mr. Tecce,
What advantages does this car have over, say, a locomotive, which I could also afford?

Thank you
Old 12-25-2010, 01:26 AM
blzkrg
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Other cayman S in Grand Am

Sorry to correct Mr Tecce but there was another Cayman in Grand am last season, the Magnus racing #44. I think they were the first and only Cayman S to podium last season.

More caymans racing are always a good thing of course!
Old 12-25-2010, 09:38 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 608 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by blzkrg
Sorry to correct Mr Tecce but there was another Cayman in Grand am last season, the Magnus racing #44. I think they were the first and only Cayman S to podium last season.

More caymans racing are always a good thing of course!
Mr. Blzkrg,

No need to apologize because you aren't correcting anything. Our Cayman S was the first Cayman S raced professionally in North American competition and our 2 Caymans and Magnus' #44 Cayman, are in fact "the only Caymans being raced professionally in Grand-Am." But thanks for pointing it out that we didn't make it to the podium during the race where they finished 2nd and we finished 5th with a crashed-in front-end and two penalties en route.

Happy Holidays dude!
Old 12-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Congratulations on a great first season John. We expect that 2011 will be even better, with both BGB and Magnus on the podium.

Please continue to inform the Cayman community on the cars' development, as we club racers are all learning form your efforts (my car was built by Vision).

Not sure why the dude above got the bug in his tail (as if you could miss the only other Cayman team in GS).

Thanks for taking the leap with the Cayman.

Happy Holidays,

Quick Reply: Grand-Am Cayman S #003