PCA 2011 Race Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FredC
another reason to do the Glen.
Ha! I'm sure going to try. Holiday weekends are tough when you're the low guy on the totem pole...
Old 10-21-2010, 10:48 PM
multi21
On temporary vacation

Received 2,895 Likes on 1,719 Posts

Originally Posted by Steward B.
Pete, with regard to Buttonwillow, perhaps you missed my post above but we add races as regions and zones confirm them. I expect that there will be a race at Buttonwillow in 2011 hosted by GGR but as of today, they haven't confirmed that. OK?

Herr Tremper, pleased to read that The Clash at the Glen will be Memorial weekend again. Will let Susan know so she can put it on the calendar. Can you please confirm to her who the event chair will be?
No I didn't as I read straight to the schedule. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:57 PM
CWhaley
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Herr Tremper... Who will be the new event chair?
Old 11-27-2010, 07:31 AM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Cup Daddy is correct that we won't have a definite schedule until mid December, as some of the tracks don't confirm dates until then. In the meantime we will be posting updates to the 2011 Schedule at PCA.ORG starting the end of next week.

Confirmed so far:

Sebring Feb 3-6
TWS March 18-20
Road Atlanta April 8-10
AutoClub Speedway (Cal Speedway) April 8-10
Heartland Park April 16-17
Gingerman July 2-3
Road America Sept 3-5

All the races PCA ran last year should happen again this coming year, with the addition of a race at a repaved Daytona International Speedway in mid October, excluding the NJMP Rolex Support Race (a very tentative maybe on that one)

Bruce
I see on the PCA site that Road Atlanta is scheduled for the normal March weekend. Is this the correct date or is it going to be in April?
Old 11-27-2010, 08:45 AM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Thinking about doing Lime Rock this year (I've never run that track before). The PCA website shows only 2 days (Friday and Saturday, April 29 & 30). How is the race schedule set up (is there no practice day, no racing on Sunday)? Does Connecticut Valley or another club typically host a DE or something on the preceding Thursday? Having never been there before, it would be nice to get a few laps under my belt before the actual race. Thanks.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:15 AM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjabones
Thinking about doing Lime Rock this year (I've never run that track before). The PCA website shows only 2 days (Friday and Saturday, April 29 & 30). How is the race schedule set up (is there no practice day, no racing on Sunday)? Does Connecticut Valley or another club typically host a DE or something on the preceding Thursday? Having never been there before, it would be nice to get a few laps under my belt before the actual race. Thanks.
Glen, there is a DE day on the Thursday. It is organized by CVR. Nothing going at LRP on Sundays. Just the way it is. I see that there is an asterisk next to LRP on the PCA schedule - encouraging since last year's twin sprint format wasn't that great. Now let's just pray that the LRP Club Race will be unmuffled in 2011 just like in 2010... kind of the best of both worlds type of thing! See you there!
Old 11-27-2010, 09:27 AM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjabones
Last year they had a DE a few weeks before the Club race.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
Last year they had a DE a few weeks before the Club race.
I believe there are a total of 3 CVR DE days before the race in April, two a couple weeks before and one on the Thursday preceding the race. Other regions may have something there also.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CVR is workingon getting their Club race unmuffled again this year.

Unfortunately the Road Atlanta date has moved back to late March, after initially being told by the track that it would be in April.

Eagles Canyon is most probably going to be late October, extending the season for those in the midwest and central south.

And, don't forget that PCA club racing is going back to Daytona this year after the repaving!
Old 11-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

CVR is working on getting their Club race unmuffled again this year.
That's great news, thanks!
Old 11-27-2010, 01:21 PM
CWhaley
Three Wheelin'

Road Atlanta in March! now I can get "The Boss" to sign off on Georgia in March... Plus, it gives a break between that event & The Clash
Old 11-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

No break, you need to be at Limerock in April!
Old 11-27-2010, 04:53 PM
CWhaley
Three Wheelin'

Really not a big fan of LRP... Have only gone back 6x sense getting my SCCA license their in the 80's.
While it is better sense the finally put new asphalt down.

Quick Reply: PCA 2011 Race Schedule