Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sebring 12 hour North Paddock RV...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 01:45 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sebring 12 hour North Paddock RV...

How is it? I'm going to the 12 hour for the first time next year and am taking my 8 and 6 year old sons with me. Is the North Paddock a safe place? i.e. no strippers?

Where's the 'do enter this area with kids' at Sebring?
Old 09-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I'm thinking of going as well, what lot are the strippers in
Old 09-29-2010, 03:54 PM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

The majority of that stuff has subsided. I've been going to Sebring for over 20 years and it has gotten more tame with each year. The majority of the heavy partying goes on at the flag pole on Friday night and in the green park near the hairpin. I keep my kids away from those areas but it's not really bad there. The North Paddok should be okay.
I hope that it's a good race this year. At this point and time I have no idea what cars will be racing.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:27 PM
dew-e
Advanced

Keep in mind that the Flagpole is in North Paddock. We usually camp under the palm trees right across from the port-o-johns in North Paddock.

North Paddock is where most of the Historic race cars park and you get a lot of people in RVs and large campsites. Definitely not as bad in that area as it is in green park.

The high school kids seem to come and take over the Flagpole area on Friday night, but that is usually well after 10pm. I've gone the last three or four years and my friends that have been going for 15+ years all comment every year that it is getting more and more family friendly. Lots of police, no tolerance for open drug use, or other forms of mayhem.

You might find some crazy stuff going on in some of the bigger campsites in green park, but nothing to bad just walking around North Paddock.

Keep in mind that a lot people in North Paddock get there Tuesday/Wednesday for good spots. So you might end up squeezing into a small spot if you show up on Friday. The best way to get a good spot, and be sure of nothing to crazy is to stay with in a corral.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:53 AM
PopsRacer
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

North Paddock is much more "tame" than the rest of the place. I agree, overall it has become more civilized (for better or worse). I have both an 8 and 6 year old son as well, but not sure if they could stand being there for all four days. Short attention span, we may have them come down just for the big race, we'll see. Great race, great people, North Paddock has been my home for years. We will be at turn 1, if you like stop by and say "Hello". We're kid friendly, but the whole place is kind of a crapshoot. It's definitely worth the trip.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Alpine951
Drifting

I have been going to Sebring for the past three years. I camp in turn 10 whith eight non pcar guys. All hardcore sports car racing fans. When I was thinking of going to Sebring I asked similar questions here on Rennlist and someone pointed me to www.sebringfans.com. Its a forum of all fans of the race. Hardcore fans to partyers. Go over and check it out. My handles is the same over there as here on Rennlist. There is a general section where everybody has asked similar questions about camping and such.

Quick Reply: Sebring 12 hour North Paddock RV...