Car Lift question

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 07:11 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by naroescape
Kurt M. OK, now THAT's nice. Thanks for posting those pics...ideas for the future

The images don't show it well but there is 6'4" clearance under the low point. If you can weld up a roll cage you can make up that rig. I used some free and rule change made unusable for cars 1.75 ewt for the bars and 4 big azz bolts with nuts. you can lower the lift onto the rig and spin the nuts on and lift the car. makes it easy to set it up as you can put the adaptors on the ground where you needed them based on the car's wheel base and then set the arms on them. You can also drop the car unbolt, lift the arms off, swing them under the car and lift the car without moving it and go from wheel lift to frame lift in 10 min. you can also use wheel lift adaptor on one end and standard frame lift on the other.
There are some other methods that I think might be even easer. This worked for me as it was made from some in hand almost valuless tubing.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:33 PM
2000gt3cup
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by naroescape
Kurt M. OK, now THAT's nice. Thanks for posting those pics...ideas for the future

+3 I put the 10000 lb version in 2 yrs ago- overkill for cars but we have some other stuff to do now and then - .. sorry no pics but looks the same .. very pleased and the install was relatively easy... pricing and quality are very good.. and no issues to date
Old 09-24-2010, 09:48 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 38D
I have a Mohawk A7. While Bendpaks are fine, Mohawks are much stouter in nearly every respect. I'm also not sure there is any real "size" difference that makes a Mohawk less suited for home use. A new A7 is about $6k installed, and used ones are typically in the 3-4k installed range.
I also have an A7 and have had it for 9 years. It rocks. It is the best tool I've ever purchased. The thing is over-engineered and built like a tank - exactly what I want when I'm working under a car on it!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:00 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

I went and looked at the Bendpaks and they made offshore, ie. China. They also are 10'6" min height. I have a 10' clear ceiling in my garage.

Kurt, I like what you did to hold the wheels. Very slick. Something like that is what I will do though I will probably have them sit on top of the arms. I want to do the over and under like Bob but I want the open work space you get from a 2 post.

Any ideas for a drip catcher? I have seen them for the 4 post models, not for 2 post.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:36 PM
ricksmith
7th Gear

http://www.gesusa.com/BendPak-HD-9ST...t-p/119841.htm

Here is that bendpak lift you were talking about. They work fine but if space is an issue you should check out the MaxJax.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:21 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

Just installed 4 post Eagle today... So far so good!!
Attached Images   
Old 09-27-2010, 03:34 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 79 Posts

I have an older 9000# Ammco lift that I paid $900 for in 2002, and another $125 to have it serviced to confirm everything was properly setup and the unit was safe. I also have an Eagle 7000# economy four post lift with casters that allow me to move it around. It's narrow enought that I use it in conjunction with the twin post lift right now while the other bay get a new door installed. I paid $1500 for it and it's very nice using it for suspension alignment setups...

For now it's nice having both and not having to use the bridge and a jack...

Mike

Quick Reply: Car Lift question