Sponsored by:

Update on Hallett PCA Club Race- 10/16-10-17

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on Hallett PCA Club Race- 10/16-10-17

After some discussion about running Hallett the less commonly run clockwise direction, yesterday the event chair made the decision to run the race the traditional clockwise direction.

Hallett is one of those few, unusual tracks that can be run safely either direction, with both directions having their own special character.

However, considering the fact that many of the participants only get to Hallett once a year for this race and the fact that the traditional direction is probably more "raceable", the event chair made the decision to run counterclockwise, the normal direction for the track.

Registrations are very strong for the event with at last report 11 Spec Boxsters and over 22 E class cars.

More information can be found at Clubregistration.net or the Cimarron region web site.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:27 PM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Steward B.
After some discussion about running Hallett the less commonly run clockwise direction, yesterday the event chair made the decision to run the race the traditional clockwise direction.
So is this legalese for--The event will be run counterclockwise?
Old 09-21-2010, 03:54 PM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And your car number is what, Mr. Crossman?!

My mistake, the traditional direction the Hallett track is run is indeed counterclockwise and that is how the October club race is going to be run.

Doug, you really need to tow down there for one more event. I know of several drivers entered for that event who would enjoy racing against you.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:52 PM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Ha--- I am Silver 911 SC #79--- see picture below
Funny you mention going to Hallett.
I am seriously considering putting my 3.0l back in and joining that E class battle.

Take care,
Doug

Last edited by flatsics; 12-17-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 97 Posts

Thanks for the update. Regardless of direction, Hallett has proven to be a really outstanding venue and event. I'm looking forward to getting back behind the wheel.

[BRAG ON]Of course my driving appetite was really whetted when I got to RIDE four laps in a 993RS at Spa 10 days ago! I can still see the downhill run to Eau Rouge followed immediately by a 10 degree climb![BRAGG OFF]

Can't wait for Hallett!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 06:42 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Excellent, I was worried there were going to be some metal contact issues with CW. FWIW, I have a buddy who is a motorcycle racer, and they will not run it CW anymore as they have deemed it unsafe for at least them.

Quick Reply: Update on Hallett PCA Club Race- 10/16-10-17