Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitto NT01's and when they cord - predictable?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by utkinpol
i was told once that to have that 'blueish' tint on worked out outer edge is a sign of severely overdriven tires - so more camber or stiffer springs are required?

it looks very similar to set of hoosiers a6 i have ruined when my car had stock suspension, same way edges got corded while most of contact path still had plenty of life in them, 50%+. my mechanic told me - it happens typically when you push car into corner too aggressively on soft springs and edges start burning.
I've gotten the blue tint on every RA1 and NT01 that I've owned. It appears where the tread would probably be the hottest (outside edge), but I do not think it is indicative of a problem. I'm happy with my camber settings and spring rates, and my tire wear is pretty even across the tread; yet I still have the blue streak. And the tires keep getting better.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:57 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Potomac-Greg
I've gotten the blue tint on every RA1 and NT01 that I've owned. It appears where the tread would probably be the hottest (outside edge), but I do not think it is indicative of a problem. I'm happy with my camber settings and spring rates, and my tire wear is pretty even across the tread; yet I still have the blue streak. And the tires keep getting better.
not sure, with current setup on v700 kumhos i do not get that 'tint' or excessive wear on outer edges and car feels way more stable. but setup i run now is very different from what is was stock.
it`s just from what i think - i am not sure if contact should ever extend that high on an edge. or should it?
Old 09-17-2010, 11:19 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Blue tint only means the tire or that part of the tire came up to full temp. It is not in and of itself an indicator of an issue.

Quick Reply: Nitto NT01's and when they cord - predictable?