Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

...it's the people

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010 | 10:04 AM
Bill N
Rennlist Member

Default ...it's the people

I had my first Mid Ohio experience on the weekend with the Mid Ohio Region PCA...great folks, fantastic (and, for me, humbling) track.

I ran into mechanicals on the second day (shift linkage) that threatened to torpedo the weekend. Perry Dangerfield of Steinel's Autowerks was at the track, and was willing to crawl under my car, get his hands dirty, and diagnose and repair the problem in time for me to make my first run group. Thanks again, Perry, and a plug for Steinel's in Twinsburg, OH:

http://www.steinels.com/Home.htm
Old 08-31-2010 | 10:48 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Glad to hear. It was indeed a great weekend at MO. Friday was fun too. Frank and the MORPCA put on a great event! I just wish I could have done the last two runs on Sunday instead of leaving at noon for the nine hour pull home.
Old 08-31-2010 | 06:15 PM
sig_a
Pro

Eric Steinel bailed me out my first DE at MO. Seems my mechanic mistook the backing plate for brake pad material causing Eric to red X my car. I was on my way home when I got a call from Eric telling me he located someone with pads fitting my 911, and should I return, he'd have someone install them. After that experience I committed to do two things; always pack a spare set of brake pads, and bang the drum for Steinel's Autowerks. One of the best Porsche shops in the nation.
Old 08-31-2010 | 09:16 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Bill N
I had my first Mid Ohio experience on the weekend with the Mid Ohio Region PCA...great folks, fantastic (and, for me, humbling) track.

I ran into mechanicals on the second day (shift linkage) that threatened to torpedo the weekend. Perry Dangerfield of Steinel's Autowerks was at the track, and was willing to crawl under my car, get his hands dirty, and diagnose and repair the problem in time for me to make my first run group. Thanks again, Perry, and a plug for Steinel's in Twinsburg, OH:

http://www.steinels.com/Home.htm
Great story, Bill. Glad you have people to keep that old car running.
I'll bet you loved Mid-Ohio. Its on my list of tracks to get to.
We had a great time at WGI with NER this past weekend; 3 days of sunshine and fun.
Old 09-01-2010 | 06:19 AM
Bill N
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RickBetterley
Great story, Bill. Glad you have people to keep that old car running.
I'll bet you loved Mid-Ohio. Its on my list of tracks to get to.
We had a great time at WGI with NER this past weekend; 3 days of sunshine and fun.
Hey, Rick, yes, it takes a village.

Yeah, I think Mid O is a fantastic track. Two of us came from Toronto area, resolved to return next year. I'll keep you posted, maybe you can join.
Old 09-01-2010 | 09:05 AM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Bill;

Glad you liked it, but you might ought to stay away. You're already humble enough! Steinel's should have a shop on the premises, they are there so often... Anyone going to Mid O should have their number programmed.
Old 09-01-2010 | 10:44 AM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sbelles
Glad to hear. It was indeed a great weekend at MO. Friday was fun too. Frank and the MORPCA put on a great event! I just wish I could have done the last two runs on Sunday instead of leaving at noon for the nine hour pull home.
Scott thanks for the Plug, we had a good safe weekend, with buying the extra track time, over the weekend, no one was complaining about lack of track time. we will do it again next year including the Advanced Instructor training program with Mid-Ohio School, Will implement a few changes to make it better.
Thanks for attending.
Old 09-01-2010 | 11:00 AM
Bill N
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RedlineMan
Hey Bill;

Glad you liked it, but you might ought to stay away. You're already humble enough! Steinel's should have a shop on the premises, they are there so often... Anyone going to Mid O should have their number programmed.
Hey, John, yes, I'm very, very proud of how humble I am

Hope to see you again soon...we miss you out there.

Bill
Old 09-01-2010 | 02:53 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bill N
Hope to see you again soon...we miss you out there.
Everyone except my Mosport student.

Quick Reply: ...it's the people