Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what causes more inside tire wear, excessive camber or toe in ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 03:25 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

In a low hp car you want zero toe on track. That mean going down the straights you want zero toe to minimize drag. However if you have rubber busings that zero toe can cause handling issues. So you must compromise.

For 944 it often best to have zero front toe and little toe in for the rear. This helps counter the natural toe out during heavy braking.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:15 PM
originalmotorhead
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, after quite a delay I finally got around to "checking" the toe on the front of my car. I'm too embarrased to say how far it was out but it was toe out very badly I do not have any idea how it got that way because I set everything up when I did the suspension earlier this year. the "only" thing I can think is that either the front springs settled a little or that possibly one or both of the front spring hats were not seated in the springs when I set things up back in may.

Neverless, the front is now at zero toe. I did not touch the camber because the toe was so far out. I'll try zero toe to start out with. I did notice that I have a little toe in, in the rear, which Is how I set it up originally.(whether or not it moved any, I always check the bolts but...)

so I'll see how this works for autobahn.

Tom

Quick Reply: what causes more inside tire wear, excessive camber or toe in ?