Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cool Suit Trunk Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010 | 08:17 PM
certz
Rennlist Member

Default Cool Suit Trunk Install

For anyone that has installed their cool suit system in the trunk of a 993, how/where did you run your hoses. I have looked around a bit under the dash and as best I can along the fire wall and the only penetration I can find in the wiring harness. Is that where everyone is routing theirs? Pictures would be great if you have them.
Old 08-23-2010 | 11:26 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Is your car mostly track? The last thing I would punch holes in the sheetmetal for would be cool suit. It'd be a pretty big hole and I figure you'd want to take the hoses out after every event to drain them.

Can you just mount it to the floor on the passenger side?
Old 08-23-2010 | 11:58 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by VaSteve
Is your car mostly track? The last thing I would punch holes in the sheetmetal for would be cool suit. It'd be a pretty big hole and I figure you'd want to take the hoses out after every event to drain them.

Can you just mount it to the floor on the passenger side?
Steve,

You can't easily drain the tubes and if you use the factory recommended anti-fungal juice, you won't have to drain them.

Keeping the cool shirt box in the passenger compartment is certainly the easiest route. People often put the box behind the passenger's seat. If you're an instructor, you won't be able to use your cool suit if you put the box in the passenger seat. Also, in the event of a crash, that box will be a fun projectile once it comes loose (assuming it's held by the seat belts and not properly held down). Besides, I think most people would rather have ballast in the front of the car.
Old 08-27-2010 | 10:33 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Default You could...

...run the hose through the bottom of the trunk, down the pan and up through the floor. Advise not mounting it on the passenger floor on a 78 and later 911...if it leaks, mine did, the water will accumulate in the electronics mounted under the passenger seat. Wet electronics = corrosion.

I am going to mount mine on the floor behind the passenger seat.

Quick Reply: Cool Suit Trunk Install