Sponsored by:

Need Tire Choice help for DE

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 09:55 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by sig_a
I'm partial to Nitto NT01's. OK in rain and drive to and from track. Adding better brake pads and track alignment will only make things better and perhaps even safer. Downside to track alignment is excess tire ware if a daily driver.
Actually I am experiencing better street tire wear with my track alignment. It is toe that chews tires more than camber.

my 997S I am running -2.2 camber zero toe front and -1.9 camber with .14 toe rear. Excellent tire wear at Sebring with this set up on R888 and RA1's.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:48 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Well they say slicks are like Crack. The same thing can be said about R-specs I believe. Once you've tried them you won't want to take them off. If the car isn't a daily driver then I think you can get away with them (unless you live in a high rainfall area). The cost of tyres in the US is so cheap compared to the rest of us I think it's a no brainer. I too am a fan of the Nitto. Unlike many in here, I also like the R888 but I think the Nitto is a faster tyre. Bit softer in my estimation. Does wear quicker too.

Quick Reply: Need Tire Choice help for DE