HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

bump ....
Old 08-13-2014, 07:15 PM
Sterling Doc
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I rented a wingo RS from RSR Nurburgring a few weeks ago. Forgetable car, but great experience for the 4 laps as well. Pre dirve briefing was very good.

Having run track from Road America, to Road Atlanta, to Hallet, to Fontana/Autoclub (well over a dozen different tracks), I can say no track prepares you for the Green Hell. As a bucket list item, it does not dissapoint!

I also rented a 530d from Sixt - great experience there too, and amazing car. 250 KPH at just a hair over 3,000 RPM 3,500Km in 2 weeks!
Old 08-14-2014, 10:59 AM
Olcha911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

My son and I did a 3-day detour last year as part of a larger vacation. Rented a Renault Clio-Sport from RSR Nurburg, did 4 laps each driving while the other was a passenger. Drove the autobahn, went to the Porsche Museum, took the factory tour, and also visited the Mercedes museum. Then we went by train to Amsterdam and met up with the girls to continue the vacation. We didn't really prepare for the Nurburgring, as we knew it would probably be mind-blowing- which it was. We are both DE'ers and club racers so we just did the best we could, but imagined doing hundreds of laps to get a feel, and taking some of those sections the way they were meant be be driven!

-Keith

Quick Reply: My GOOD experience renting a track car at Nurburgring