Sponsored by:

Louisiana Race Series

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 10:06 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Louisiana Race Series

Just an FYI, call out for racers within a reasonable tow distance to BR/NO area who might consider racing one/all events in our upcoming yearly race series.

For those farther up north, it's just getting perfect temps here in south La. when your cars are being packed up for winter, allowing a venue to extend your season.

We race 7 races total, one Sunday per month, September-March culminated by our premier event, a Charity Race that raises 10's of thousands of dollars for St Mary's Residential House in Alexandria Louisiana that benefits children and adults with learning disabilities and autism.

Each race day is preceded by open lapping and practice on Saturday with special groups for racers and rookies alike.

All major sanctioning body race licenses are recognized, PCA, SCCA, NASA, etc.

Race day agenda consists of practice, qualifying, heat race and feature race for all groups which include everything from Karts, open wheelers, time bracket racers (sport cars) where we regularly field around 10 944s.

Plenty of bang for $145 bucks.

Special call out to the Texas gang, who will vouch for our great food and hospitality.

See the website = http://www.circuitgrandbayou.com/

T
Old 08-06-2010, 10:45 PM
mojom3
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To all who are interested, this is a great group of people to race with. Food is as good as the racing and we manage to survive the heat and giant mosquitos, as well as the occasional gator and deer on the track. Check the website and come on down.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I will try to make it down there this year. How far are is the track from NO?
Old 08-07-2010, 12:21 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Originally Posted by Lemming
I will try to make it down there this year. How far are is the track from NO?
Tim, I think I may have met you once at a Barber PCA race....?

I would have been with Doc Phil Lahaye and the gray car in my avatar.

DC is joking about the gators and the deer....., well, at least during the daytime events...

Our series just held it's first ever LA 400 endurance event, 222 laps of the 1.8 mile circuit, approximately 6 hours in length which did run a couple of hours into the night. The inaugural race went off without a hitch and we're hoping to do it again next year.

In 2010, our MG region club race ran concurrent with the aforementioned 'Charity Challenge', a great event for a great cause.

The Circuit at Grand Bayou series generally draws all of our regular PCA guys so there are plenty of Porsche cars in the fields.

The heat and feature races are divided into "timed" groups so you are always racing competitively with cars/drivers of equal potential which makes for some very close racing, PCA-type 13/13 applied so you know the racing is clean.

We are trying to grow this series to it's next inevitable step as progress on a brand new circuit materializes.

Track is around an hour tow from NO and 35 minutes from Baton Rouge but there are major hotels closer to the circuit.

We'd love to have y'all.

T
Old 08-07-2010, 12:27 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Our Gulf Coast Race Series Vimeo channel.

Most of the vids are from 944s, top selections being the most recent.

The first video that shows at the link is from my son's '87 944 (West, if you stumble on this thread....he's doing just fine... }

http://vimeo.com/groups/29396/videos/10023961

T
Old 08-07-2010, 02:13 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

I think about 007 everytime I take a SEAT in my car.

Lemming, trip isn't far from Birmingham. In fact I just passed through your neck of the woods 20 minutes ago on my way home. Come see T and the guys.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:44 PM
mojom3
Rennlist Member

You got the seats. Good, I was wondering if they were saved. The 007 was at Barber for the Ala. Region DE last month along with Chris, Teddy, Mike , Henry , Ron and John. We had a whole Louisiana contingent and had a ball.
Good people over there.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:48 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey guys, what time is lunch served???

I'll be making frequent trips to Baton Rouge this fall so I might just stop by. My daughter will be in the LSU marching band, so I'll be in the neighborhood on home game weekends. She's asked me about the possibility of doing DE's with you guys, so you might get a visit from both of us. Luckily, she doesn't eat as much as I do.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:06 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Originally Posted by ELLSSUU
I think about 007 everytime I take a SEAT in my car.

Lemming, trip isn't far from Birmingham. In fact I just passed through your neck of the woods 20 minutes ago on my way home. Come see T and the guys.
Dude...., did I mention that I was a high school basketball star....?

T
Old 08-08-2010, 02:10 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Originally Posted by mojom3
You got the seats. Good, I was wondering if they were saved. The 007 was at Barber for the Ala. Region DE last month along with Chris, Teddy, Mike , Henry , Ron and John. We had a whole Louisiana contingent and had a ball.
Good people over there.
Yup, Scott's the one that ended up with the sport seats.

They have a nice new climate controlled home...

T
Old 08-08-2010, 02:19 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Originally Posted by ervtx

I'll be making frequent trips to Baton Rouge this fall so I might just stop by. My daughter will be in the LSU marching band, so I'll be in the neighborhood on home game weekends. She's asked me about the possibility of doing DE's with you guys, so you might get a visit from both of us. Luckily, she doesn't eat as much as I do.
You let me know which one of the monthlies you can squeeze and we'll handle the food part. We'd be honored to have you both Russell.

I didn't know you had a daughter at LSU.....Dean the jambalaya chef has a few rental houses right by the campus.

I'm pretty sure we're gonna have a big contingent heading to TWS early 2011.

Pass this around the group that doesn't visit here, the budget price of race entry in our series makes up for gas costs....

T
Old 08-09-2010, 12:16 AM
87_944s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mojom3
Good people over there.

Hopefully we can make a few PCA races this year with the same crew plus a few more!!
Old 08-09-2010, 12:25 AM
87_944s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ervtx

We have a GCRS DE before every Race, So basically once a month from September to April, and also MGRPCA DEs about once every 2-3 months. You shouldn't have any trouble with shortage of track days. Hopefully this year we will come visit you once or twice!
Old 08-10-2010, 12:57 PM
CCARVER
2nd Gear

This race series starts first of next month. Sept. 5th.
Hope to see some of you guys there.
Carver
Old 08-12-2010, 12:56 AM
87_944s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CCARVER
This race series starts first of next month. Sept. 5th.
Hope to see some of you guys there.
Carver
Anyone going to be at the August 29 Tech/blow the dust off of your car day?

Quick Reply: Louisiana Race Series