Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default #6 Cytopsport Spyder out of Mid Ohio race due to crash

Just heard about this.

http://www.americanlemans.com/primar...cat=news|15068

MUSCLE MILK TEAM CYTOSPORT FORCED TO SIT OUT AT MID-OHIO
Greg Pickett unscathed in massive crash Thursday
2010-08-05
Share |

After enjoying the highs of victory less than two weeks ago at Lime Rock Park, Muscle Milk Team CytoSport endured contrasting emotions today following a massive testing crash at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course that has forced the team to withdraw from this weekend's race.

Everything was running smoothly in the test session for the Muscle Milk squad as they were sitting atop the speed charts. But then with less than 10 minutes to go, Greg Pickett was involved in a huge accident.

Pickett found himself a passenger aboard the Porsche RS Spyder due to a mechanical issue with the car and ended up going straight into the tire barrier at Turn 4.

After hitting nose first, the #6 Muscle Milk car flipped upside down and came to a rest atop the tire barrier.

As a testament to the safety of the Porsche RS Spyder, which absorbed most of the impact, Pickett came out of the shunt unscathed with only a few aches and pains.

Due to the severity of the crash, with damage to the tub of the car, Muscle Milk Team CytoSport had no choice but to sit out this weekend's Mid-Ohio Sports Car Challenge as they await the arrival of a new tub.

The team will now be heading back to it's Indianapolis base at the Mark One Composite facilities and start preparing for the upcoming race at Road America in two weeks.

What they had to say:
Geoffrey Carter, Team Manager #6 Muscle Milk Porsche RS Spyder
"Unfortunately the Muscle Milk Porsche RS Spyder was damaged beyond repair after it was involved in accident during today's test session and we're really disappointed to have to withdraw from this weekend's event.
"It's a shame because the car just went through an extensive rebuild after our win at Lime Rock Park last week and the crew and the guys were bringing a lot of momentum and looking forward to this event. In the past the crew has been able to overcome adversity like this and excel and I expect them to rise to this occasion as well.
"In an accident of this severity, we're just happy that Greg came out of it uninjured, in the end that's the most important thing."

Greg Pickett, Owner / Driver #6 Muscle Milk Porsche RS Spyder
"I've done this a long time and this is a huge compliment to the car's inherent safety and its structural integrity. It was the biggest shunt I've ever had in 35 years and all I have is a sore back because of the impact. I speared those tires at about 120 mph and then got up in the air and came back down. I'm very happy that I got out of this accident with only very little aches and pains, just a few typical ones like you would expect from this kind of shunt.
"We're going to need to put a new tub on it, so unfortunately we won't be able to be on track this weekend. But we'll be back. We love this. It's why we do it. We're just very thankful that we got through it as good as we did."
Old 08-06-2010, 12:12 PM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Wow, sorry to see that...They were turning some awesome lap times. Probably would have won overall.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:16 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's not gonna buff out.

Quick Reply: #6 Cytopsport Spyder out of Mid Ohio race due to crash