PCA Club Racing Rule Changes posted for comment

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 08:03 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
Cool, so they actually explicitly class the SC-RS even though they barely made any of them. How about the Carrera Club Sport? Is that thrown in with those cars as well, or is it classed with the rest of the 3.2l's?
'911 Carrera (Club Sport) is in F w/ '87-89 911 Carrera (Euro)
Old 09-07-2010, 01:41 PM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Comment by 10/1 on the changes you feel are beneficial to all!

These are mine..

Stock Class
"2. Allow the following items to be removed from stock class cars (each is a separate proposal).
• Interiors except dashboard and passenger seat."

Will everyone that agrees that removing the seat will add to safety in both view and egress in the case of certain types of accidents and add absolutely NO advantage in any way please comment to crrules@pca.org before 10/1/10.

8. Proposed, but not adoptable as written: Add a minimum tire diameter for D&E class to combat gear ratio difference between low profile 15” tires and the tires on 17” rims tires. Instead, please comment on whether there should be a limit on the percentage reduction from “as delivered” tire diameter on stock class cars, and what that percentage limit should be.

I'm looking for real data.
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ml#post5478596

10. Proposed, but unlikely to be adopted as written: Make remote reservoir adjustable shocks a “prepared” change for any stock class car where remote reservoir shocks could not be ordered from the factory. Please comment on whether adjustable shocks, regardless of reservoir type or location, should be a “prepared”.

Of course they should, just because it "slipped by" until now is no reason to allow it. Jeeez, good ol Joe Needam ran in D (was G) for over 10 years in his 72 and last year got bumped to E for having SC flares (which were always there!). Can't enforce one rule and not the others.
To me, this is a big safety and cost issue. First, lets get rid of all available fuel from the interior. Leather, vinyl, insulation, tar on the floor. After seeing the Espanlaub article in GRM, I do not want anything in the cockpit that will burn or produce fumes. I also don't want a seat in my way when trying to exit passenger's side. Second, if you have a car built for another class (like GTS2) and want to make it stock class legal, why add the expense of gluing leather to the A- and B- pillars, and installing rear shelves and seats?

This may be too late, but I think they should add a rule requiring the driver to be able to exit the cockpit, from fully strapped in, in 15 seconds (stolen from NASA).

Quick Reply: PCA Club Racing Rule Changes posted for comment