Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS PI Research Data Acquisition System 1 Kit with C-DashPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:14

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 12:19 AM
993PET
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default FS PI Research Data Acquisition System 1 Kit with C-DashPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:14

For Sale a used complete non GPS Data Acquisition System from PI Research. System 1 kit with C-dash.

I removed this from my RS America and went to a simpler GPS based system

System 1 is a system originally designed for karting, but has been expanded so that it can be used for a driver development system. The basic logger is a twelve channel logger, and includes sensors for engine speed, wheel speed, lateral G’s battery voltage and a beacon receiver. It can be combined with either a Mini dash to display lap times and the value of some channels, or used with a C-Dash to display more information simultaneously. The system comes with 512k memory that will record 30-60 minutes depending upon number of channels logged and sampling rates. Includes Pi’s Club Expert Windows software for both configuration and downloading/analysis of the data. Data is typically downloaded in less than a minute using a serial cable attached to the PC.

The new cost for this system with the dash is over $5k.

$750 plus shipping jfawsitt9@yahoo.com
Attached Images     
Old 07-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd also post this over on Apexspeed.com The open wheel crowd still has a few people who like to use the Pi systems. More than I see than any other group.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:23 PM
993PET
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Joe
Old 07-19-2010, 04:35 PM
2BWise
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Very tempting. By chance do you have any pics of the dash layout (as in what it looks like when powered on). I understand its configurable but I'm curious as to how much info can be displayed.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:05 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The C-Dash is a really nice dash because the it's LED and the lights are nice and bright. I had one in my FC for one race (the logger got fried by a short in the system otherwise I would have kept it.).

IIRC top level was RPM with shift lights and then two more rows with 2 spots on each row.

Quick Reply: FS PI Research Data Acquisition System 1 Kit with C-DashPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:14