Sponsored by:

RMR High Plains Club Race questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 04:42 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RMR High Plains Club Race questions

I plan on attending the club race, could some locals give me a heads up on local logistics? I noted the High Plains website said it does not carry 93 octane, where is the nearest gas station? Also what do you suggest for local food (is there food at the track), snacks, ice, etc all that stuff to make the weekend easier.

Next, track notes? Been looking at a few videos, the track looks like a blast.

Thanks
Old 07-14-2010, 05:06 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 523 Likes on 351 Posts

HPR is in BFE. (ie, the boonies). There isn't jack around it. There's 1 hotel in the town of Byers and it's a flea bag dump. There is one Sinclair gas station in the town (Approx 20 miles from the track) that carries 91 octane, which is the highest octane available. Don't worry, the lack of air density because of altitude makes the 91 act like 93 does at lower altitudes.

So that's the closest gas station and where you'll need to stock up. There are concessions at the track, kinda a roach coach, but the food is good.

Basically unless you're staying at the track, I suggest getting a hotel room at DIA (the airport) as it's about 30 minutes from the track and you'll have a nice selection of good hotels, restaurants, etc to choose from.

The track itself is very fun, lots of elevation changes and the surface is kind to tires as far as wear.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:32 PM
RSKY BIZ
Shark Slayer
Rennlist Member

Location: 'BETWEEN NORTH STAR BOROUGH...& THE CONCH REPUBLIC'
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NOT A HIJACK, BUT... related inquiry. . .

I am interested in catching a ride to/from DFW to HPR in BFE!
Not a freeloader -- will pay my way!

Thanks
~Doc
Old 07-14-2010, 06:52 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by docwyte
HPR is in BFE. (ie, the boonies). There isn't jack around it. There's 1 hotel in the town of Byers and it's a flea bag dump. There is one Sinclair gas station in the town (Approx 20 miles from the track) that carries 91 octane, which is the highest octane available. Don't worry, the lack of air density because of altitude makes the 91 act like 93 does at lower altitudes.

So that's the closest gas station and where you'll need to stock up. There are concessions at the track, kinda a roach coach, but the food is good.

Basically unless you're staying at the track, I suggest getting a hotel room at DIA (the airport) as it's about 30 minutes from the track and you'll have a nice selection of good hotels, restaurants, etc to choose from.

The track itself is very fun, lots of elevation changes and the surface is kind to tires as far as wear.
Thanks for the info...looking forward to meeting you if you are going to be there.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:40 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

We're renting RVs, delivered to the track.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:39 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 523 Likes on 351 Posts

If I don't participate, I'll try to stop by at least. Be nice to put some faces to the user names here.

Look for me, I have a red 944 turbo, white numbers "00" and TTA are on both sides of the car...

Quick Reply: RMR High Plains Club Race questions