Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patron GT3 Challenge Race About To Begin....

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 07:13 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Patron GT3 Challenge Race About To Begin....

at Miller Motorsports. Live timing and scoring here:

http://www.imsaracing.net/testsite/g...-%20iframe.cfm
Old 07-11-2010, 09:36 AM
thusly
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
at Miller Motorsports. Live timing and scoring here:

http://www.imsaracing.net/testsite/g...-%20iframe.cfm
Another competitive and action packed Patron weekend..... (see below excerpts from IMSA press release).

Great weather conditions here at Miller. We are running in Les' Air Powered Group - very gentlemanly and fun participating at a pro event. Les even arranged for umbrella girls!

From IMSA Press Release (couldn't attach file):

"TOOELE, UTAH (JULY 10, 2010) – A wild day on the racetrack ended under the yellow caution flag, but the results are very familiar for the Platinum Class in the Patrón GT3 Challenge by Yokohama, as Ross Smith brought the #5 Maxwell Paper Racing Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car home in first – his fifth win of the season.

Rounding out the podium in Platinum Class were #16 Chris Cumming (World Speed Motorsports/Innovative Fitness) and #21 Michael Schein (Alex Job Racing). But the podium was a family victory as well, as brother Kendall took advantage of the on-track mayhem to get back in front in the Gold Cup
class and earn his first series victory.

The story of the race was a series of incidents that started with contact between #14 Amadeo Quiros II (AASCO Motorsports) and #24 Carlos Eduardo (NGT Motorsports). Repeated exchanging of paint between the two resulted in a penalty for Eduardo, who subsequently retired. The incidents caused a significant tightening of the field, which lead to contact between #33 Peter LeSaffre (Kelly-Moss Racing) and #28 Joseph Sposato (Sposato Motor Racing) that couldn’t be cleaned up in the remaining laps. The checkered flag flew five minutes early, at 19 laps – not that Ross Smith minded. “I saw Cumming behind me,” said Smith. “I had a good gap in the beginning, but I saw the line he was taking off the corners - he was doing the exact same pace as me toward the end, so when that double yellow came out, I was a little afraid. I knew I had a couple of tenths left in the car, but I knew he’d be just as smart and save his tires, just in case there was a yellow. But then we finished under caution. “It was amazing. We made a great rebound from New Jersey – and it was great to have my brother beside me, his first pole and his first race win!”
Older brother Kendall earned his first Gold Cup class win with a smart race that saw him avoid the worst of the chaos going on around him. “It was all about consistency today,” noted Smith. “We were able to find clean track, have a clean start and had a great race. It was unbelievable - I could go another 45 minutes! .....

Local girl Melanie Snow, with more than her share of car trouble throughout the weekend (switching from her familiar #56 to her husband’s #57 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car in the Gold Cup class) also dodged the havoc on track to bring her car home in second place in class. A former competitor in GT3, Snow
returned just for this race.

Quick Reply: Patron GT3 Challenge Race About To Begin....