Sponsored by:

NCRC at Thunderhill 6-25-10??

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We had a large field (40+) with lots of battles. I think there were 5 of us in GTL running within about a second of each other. I set a personal best 0f 144.9 on Sunday in qualifying, unfortunately for me, the others were even faster.

Yes, there are cars in the 1:47ish range and I think many more in PRC than GTS.

I believe the next PRC event is at Thunderhill on August 21 & 22. We return to Sears Point on October 9 & 10. We also will be racing at Laguna Seca September 18 & 19 in a non-NASA event (with unlimited sound).
Old 06-28-2010, 06:03 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by IcemanG17
GREAT DAY....... My pit crew is VERY lucky Ken is an honest guy......since "Fish" accidentally left $200 cash in the shower...lucky for him Ken was the next guy in!!!!! I'd say Fish owes Ken a couple beers!!
Well, not like I would have been able to go anywhere as I was locked into the shower. Had it all counted, and the gas receipts on top so when I would have went to give it to Colleen in the office she would have had something to verify against the sad story she would have been hearing. Or, she probably could have seen whose credit card was used at the pumps.

So here's my "charge" from 7th in the second race. They gave us in SM a split start, and after I ran off and hid in race 1 (pole by 2.5 seconds, BUT I would have been 3 seconds off of Dean's pace had he been driving his SM) I figured I'd line up in back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx-Qk2pRT0k

With all the PRC Sears chatter, I'll make up another thread and post the pictures I took. Heading over there was a dual purpose day.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:43 PM
IcemanG17
Race Director

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
Well, not like I would have been able to go anywhere as I was locked into the shower. Had it all counted, and the gas receipts on top so when I would have went to give it to Colleen in the office she would have had something to verify against the sad story she would have been hearing. Or, she probably could have seen whose credit card was used at the pumps.

So here's my "charge" from 7th in the second race. They gave us in SM a split start, and after I ran off and hid in race 1 (pole by 2.5 seconds, BUT I would have been 3 seconds off of Dean's pace had he been driving his SM) I figured I'd line up in back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx-Qk2pRT0k

With all the PRC Sears chatter, I'll make up another thread and post the pictures I took. Heading over there was a dual purpose day.
Ken
NICE DRIVING....very nice.....that was a close call in T14....almost contact in front of you...but you took advantage of it perfectly!!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 07:22 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by IcemanG17
Ken
NICE DRIVING....very nice.....that was a close call in T14....almost contact in front of you...but you took advantage of it perfectly!!!!
Wasn't close at all.........for Spec Miatas! As much as I knock the SMs (and it's mainly from MY driving "ability"), the are easy to stick pretty much anywhere.

Race 1 start, and lap 1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqc0IkL8_e0

I think this is only the 2nd time I've ever brought a field to the flag. So of course I botch the 2-3 upshift............ (Other time was maybe 25 years ago in a Sports Renault, aka Spec Racer Ford in modern times.)
Old 06-28-2010, 08:04 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Dean lapping me on lap 9 of 10 (I think). Had a split start, so we SMs were 30+ seconds behind by the time we got our green flag.

He's in the picture from entry of T2 until he hits T9.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3JApCue02k
Old 06-28-2010, 10:06 PM
IcemanG17
Race Director

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

SM's are FUN to drive....cheap to run too......I completely understand why SO many people race them...its all about maximum :>) for the least amount of $$$ However you could argue my lemons racer is nearly as much fun for LESS $$$$

Quick Reply: NCRC at Thunderhill 6-25-10??