Sponsored by:

Aftermarket pedals

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 03:53 PM
kush07
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket pedals

Do you guys use aftermarket pedals? I find I'd like the brake and throttle a little closer for heel toe.

I've seen the Rennline versions with extensions. Anybody try these? They mount on top of the stock pedals. Is this the case with most brands?

Any other suggestions, or just learn to heel toe better with the stock set up?

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:43 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stock.

What year and model car are you driving? Early bottom pivot pedals and later top pivot pedals are not quite the same in some ways.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:46 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Just do a search for SRP Racing Pedals. I have them for more than 1 year and are very happy with them. They can customize the gas pedal for your needs. I took a double heel-and-toe expansion and got this technique in very quickly with the new equipment. You get a nice discount too.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

I was checking out a set of the new Hargett pedals at our club race a couple of weeks ago, they looked very nice:

http://hargettprecision.com/index.ph...ot-pedals.html

I've got some sparco pedal covers on my brake and clutch now, they help position things a little bit better for heel-toe
Old 06-14-2010, 06:48 PM
kush07
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M
Stock.

What year and model car are you driving? Early bottom pivot pedals and later top pivot pedals are not quite the same in some ways.
'07 GT3
Old 06-14-2010, 08:44 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i use rennlist with the pedal riser kit. the extensions dont help me per se because the brake pedal is sufficiently close to the gas pedal. its more that the height differential is huge relative to the stopping power of the brakes. you push on the brakes hard enough to get the brake down near the gas,you'd go flyign thru the windscreen given the power of the brakes.

in my cup the brake gas are really close, though the pedal travel in the cup is very small.

so all i did was add the rennline pedal riser kit, moved it up big time to the highest position and all was fine. as the pads wear and as travel comes into the brake pedal range of motion, i can lower the gas pedal height.

good luck.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket pedals