Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No banter about the non-fiery aspects of the Indy Race?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 11:20 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by chris walrod
From: http://guyism.com/2010/06/the-66-mos...of-2010.html/3

8 Danica Patrick
The most over-hyped female in the history of sports outside of Anna Kournikova. However, I see two differences between Danica and Anna: 1) Danica actually won something (once), and 2) Anna is a wee bit more attractive. Danica though has used her semi-proficient skills in her sport to do something that Anna never did. Anna never really pretended it was all about her sport. Danica, however, comes off like she doesn’t want to be known for her looks while at the same time doing sexy TV commercials and posing in a bikini for Sports Illustrated (twice), which plays right into what I said about guys over-valuing the sexiness of female athletes. (Ranked #25 by Maxim readers)
^ BINGO
Old 06-09-2010, 11:24 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

An average to above average driver at best, backed by top sponsorship dollars (isn't GoDaddy not only a team sponsor but also a major IRL sponsor?) and given top level equipment....one win. That might qualify at over-hyped.

IIRC, it was mentioned during the Indy broadcast (Indy is merely a shadow of its former self....sorry, nostalgia flashback) that the IRL TMS race was supposed to be her last before she heads off to NA$CAR....again, backed by top sponsorship dollars and will have top level team/equipment.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And she won't be a winner there either.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,602 Likes on 834 Posts

Old 06-09-2010, 08:03 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

No kidding!

Dave, don't worry... some men are intimidated by successful women... could be many reasons. In this case i suspect we're dealing with a guy who girls made fun of at a young age. Come to think of it, maybe he was bullied by girls?

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Old 06-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Think what you like, but your mind reading skills are deficient. I would like to see the Brazilian girl who got burnt beat Danika. You guys just can't accept the fact that different people root for different drivers. And different people have different goats. Danika is a woman of little or no charm who wins when her competition runs out of gas. Stick your facepalm. You are not the arbiter of all things racing.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:48 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,602 Likes on 834 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
Stick your facepalm. You are not the arbiter of all things racing.
Oooooo....

Hey, Fred, looks like we really struck a nerve.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 06-09-2010, 10:52 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Even with an equal car she didn't win.
What's the metric you are using to determine that her car was equal? I guess all the guys she beat had equal cars too? All the Gnassi and Penske drivers she beat had inferior cars?
Old 06-09-2010, 10:54 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Old 06-09-2010, 10:57 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by FredC
No kidding!

Dave, don't worry... some men are intimidated by successful women... could be many reasons. In this case i suspect we're dealing with a guy who girls made fun of at a young age. Come to think of it, maybe he was bullied by girls?
Old 06-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Have your fun but you are full of sh*t.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Well, sometimes it's hard to see...
Attached Images  
Old 06-09-2010, 11:42 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Think what you like, but your mind reading skills are deficient. I would like to see the Brazilian girl who got burnt beat Danika. You guys just can't accept the fact that different people root for different drivers. And different people have different goats. Danika is a woman of little or no charm who wins when her competition runs out of gas. Stick your facepalm. You are not the arbiter of all things racing.
DaSilvestro is Swiss not Brazilian. I am not a mind reader. Keep saying what you want. The hot girls will keep laughing at you.... Anyway, all of this is pretty entertaining. Go Daddy!
Old 06-10-2010, 10:35 AM
DCP
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FredC
DaSilvestro is Swiss not Brazilian. I am not a mind reader. Keep saying what you want. The hot girls will keep laughing at you.... Anyway, all of this is pretty entertaining. Go Daddy!
De Silvestro says all the right things, seems to have talent, and has great fan appeal. I am a big fan. I like her column on speed.com.

Perhaps Patrick is a good example of someone being motivated by people questioning her ability. For some, this comes about by the threat of being fired. For her, it seems to have come about from being booed at Indy. The very best drivers don't really need this kind of motivation, but it sure seems to work with others.

It seems more likely to me, however, that speech at Indy revealed Patrick's weakness as a driver. She apparently never really learned car setup and is unable to assist the engineers to any great degree, at least on an oval. Give her a well set up car, like at Texas, and she performs well. Give her a car that needs improvement and she struggles.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:53 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by DCP
De Silvestro says all the right things, seems to have talent, and has great fan appeal. I am a big fan. I like her column on speed.com.

Perhaps Patrick is a good example of someone being motivated by people questioning her ability. For some, this comes about by the threat of being fired. For her, it seems to have come about from being booed at Indy. The very best drivers don't really need this kind of motivation, but it sure seems to work with others.

It seems more likely to me, however, that speech at Indy revealed Patrick's weakness as a driver. She apparently never really learned car setup and is unable to assist the engineers to any great degree, at least on an oval. Give her a well set up car, like at Texas, and she performs well. Give her a car that needs improvement and she struggles.
There is truth to all of the above. Simona is excellent at feeling what a car needs and can develop throughout the weekend.

Danica is fast and upbeat when they unload fast. Danica has great car control as well. If her car struggles, she seems to struggle further.

Quick Reply: No banter about the non-fiery aspects of the Indy Race?