Sponsored by:

MAV PCA CR groups?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 05:58 PM
YZ250
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts
Default MAV PCA CR groups?

The MAV PCA Club Race groupings posted on Club Registration today, and I am trying to wrap my head around it. The groups are very unbalanced in numbers, with 25 in RED and 36 in WHITE. The other thing that looks off to me is putting 18 E cars in the crowded WHITE (faster) group and 16 SPB cars in the uncrowded RED (slower) group. I thought SPB were considered comparable to F. It makes a lot more sense to me to put E in RED and SPB in WHITE to get two groups with 27 and 34 cars that are better balanced in speed. Can someone clue me in on the logic of the way the cars are grouped for this race?
Old 05-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts

Good luck divining that rationale! With E and SPBOX being so popular down here, you get really unbalanced groups. At the 2009 race in College Station, the run group for the big cars was F and up *PLUS* the D cars! I spent the whole two days driving my mirrors so I wouldn't get in the way of a Cup Car (or Paul Norwood ) while it was raining! At least this time, I'll only annoy the SPBOX drivers!
Old 05-26-2010, 09:13 PM
YZ250
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

I hear you on the 2009 race, but doesn't that back up my point? The MAV PCA event seems to have the slower cars creating a bigger group. I'm just wondering why the E and SPB are flipped.

Quick Reply: MAV PCA CR groups?