Sponsored by:

What's up with GT-Racing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 11:51 AM
harris_i
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's up with GT-Racing?

I bought carbon panels from GT-Racing a year ago and followed up recently to buy slider windows. The car is a 996 GT3.

Weeks later, phone calls, messages and emails, but I'm getting almost no response. Can someone tell me if they are they still in business?

If this doesn't work out, can anyone advise me an alternative producer of plastic slider windows to attach to carbon doors for a 2004 GT3. Preferably in the UK but willing to buy from the US.

Many thanks.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:34 PM
DanR
Drifting

I spoke to them a week ago and they were still answering the phone!
Old 05-24-2010, 03:36 PM
harris_i
Track Day

Not to me, they're not. Are you calling the number on their website or a different number?

What hours do they work?
Old 05-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

I saw Hank Godfredson at the MidOHio Club race a week ago.

Hank reports that he has sold the company to his son, Joel, and Joel's wife. Same location, same phone numbers, etc. Hank has retired but stops in to the shop weekly if not more often to help out.

Traditionally Hank answered the phone from roughly 8 AM to Noon, Mountain Time in USA (they are located in Colorado Springs, Colorado) I believe his son is carrying on those hours. The rest of they day they devote to boxing up parts, dealing with FedEx and UPS, etc. Hank always said that if he was answering the phone, he couldn't get anything done and so he adopted early on the practice of not answering the phone in the afternoons. You might also try their fax number.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:10 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Yes, you have to call in the morning, otherwise no go. Don't even bother with emails
Old 05-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

I just got off the phone with Joel.

He confirmed that they are answering the phone in the AM Mountain time.

He did say also that if one goes to the "contacts" page on their web site and fills out a request, they get back to you fairly quickly by email.

Bruce
Old 05-24-2010, 09:48 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Steward B.
I just got off the phone with Joel.

He confirmed that they are answering the phone in the AM Mountain time.

He did say also that if one goes to the "contacts" page on their web site and fills out a request, they get back to you fairly quickly by email.

Bruce
Bruce, I had a similar problem, but after using the request form they got right on my request and all was well.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:55 AM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

Joel and Doreen Godfredson are great people and it is fun seeing second generation people taking over a business and running with it. Joel also mentioned that they are upgrading computers and inventory systems to serve the customers better. The company may actually get into the 20th century with a web site that is no longer PDF based. Stay tuned.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:14 PM
harris_i
Track Day

The email route and the contacts page are not working out too well for me. My first query via email was 15 days ago, and we are only now getting to the stage of verifying addresses and getting me a quotation. It's like sending messages to Jupiter.

I never seem to be at home in time to call them in their morning (I'm around 10 or 11 time zones away) so leaving messages on their phone is not working out either.

As for fax, I have a vague recollection what these contraptions were all about but I don't think I would know which end to put the papyrus in...
Old 05-25-2010, 10:21 PM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I had to be very persistant to get in-touch with them but I finally made contact.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:22 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikew968
I had to be very persistant to get in-touch with them but I finally made contact.
Sounds like my experience...with my wife
Old 05-26-2010, 09:50 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Steward B.
Joel and Doreen Godfredson are great people and it is fun seeing second generation people taking over a business and running with it. Joel also mentioned that they are upgrading computers and inventory systems to serve the customers better. The company may actually get into the 20th century with a web site that is no longer PDF based. Stay tuned.
Good to hear. This will leave more time for purchasers to rework the parts in order to make them fit as intended.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:41 AM
harris_i
Track Day

All is well. Doreen responded to me by email and was apologetic and charming - seems the racing season is keeping them busy.

Order is done, windows are being cut!

Quick Reply: What's up with GT-Racing?